Cloud Nothings 2023 - New single 'Final Summer' out now.

Ah fuck, i’d be gutted!

it was mainly The Hotelier we went to see, so we were gutted to arrive and find out they’d finished! Billed as a double-header and everything, madness

1 Like

Hadn’t realised they were doing Primavera, reckon I’ll do the Birmingham one to remove a future clash.

Ah, bollocks. Easily my favourite album of theirs and I’ll be a thousand miles away when the play Sleazy’s.

1 Like

'Kin hell, Headrow House is absolutely tiny, can’t believe they’re not even playing a Belgrave/Brudenell size venue. I think HH was what they were down to play last time there were due to tour and cancelled, but thought they’d go a bit bigger for an anniversary tour. Also doesn’t normally have a stage or barrier for gigs, which could be…interesting for their style of music.

Seen them three times and they were great once and absolutely howlingly bad the other two which would normally rule me out, but given I can walk to Headrow House in under 5 minutes and they shouldn’t be playing too much of their honking newer stuff I’ll probably go.

2 Likes

I really don’t get their popularity decline, one of those bands that baffle me

Not saying the new stuff is all great but I’ve enjoyed every album and surprised if people who found stuff to love in AoM can’t find great new songs too - plus they had cache from back in the P4K days and play a style of music that feels like it’s having a moment again (at least the heavier side of their music)

And yet they play smaller and smaller places to less and less acclaim …

personally loved their most recent album, maybe my favourite of theirs.

guess it’s just that they had their moment with attack on memory/here nowhere else and that’s all people really wanted from them.

1 Like

Yeah that’s true, just surprised there barely seems to be a couple hundred fans for them per city any more :confused:

I actually didn’t really get on with the new one but the one before (a patreon / bandcamp sub only) was excellent

3 Likes

Last Building Burning is their best after Memory for me, felt they added so much anger back in

2 Likes

Been saying this.

That album is so good. Sometimes I even think it’s their 2nd best overall behind Last Building Burning.

The peaks of the latest one are some of the best songs they’ve ever done too. There are just some sloppy moments lyrically which kind of hurt it.

Think maybe Life Without Sound was the turning point popularity wise? Was a bit of a change of direction into the poppier side of their songwriting whereas before they balanced that with the angrier, louder stuff.

1 Like

Saw Future of the Left in there a few years ago and had a fun time

2 Likes

They’re a funny one, Life Without Sound was too different and I didn’t get on with it - then the follow up went back to how they sounded before and I thought “oh I have enough of this from them already”. They can’t win really.

1 Like

Last Building Burning is great and Dissolution is ELITE.

1 Like

attack on memory is in my top twenty or so records ever probably, but agreed they are so patchy live
still the temptationnnnnnn

4 Likes

Similar sort of journey to trail of dead. Think folk just drift on to newer bands.

But although I’ve found stuff to enjoy here and there, they’ve never hit the heights of attack on memory and here and nowhere for me. Plus i thought back around those two albums they were unbelievable live but then after that i saw them, i think, two more times where they were fairly lacklustre.

3 Likes

It’s a shame right?

There was a whole group of bands of that era that did a classic rock/ punk thing - them, Titus Andronicus, Cymbals Eat Guitars (pre-break up), Fucked up maybe.

All of them seem to have just dropped off a cliff popularity- wise. Seem to barely get a hundred people to a show now…

2 Likes

I fucking loved CEG, the one time I got to see them the drummer got sick so the singer did a full solo electric set instead - complete with wailing solos without any backing music :smiley:

Was a fun unique experience but was kinda pissed I never got to see em properly