Cloud Nothings 2023 - New single 'Final Summer' out now.

found this pretty boring compared to the last two, really. will listen some more but sounds diluted and lacking in hooks and choons.

imho both Attack On Memory and Here And Nowhere Else are utterly perfect records

(and after near-constant listening of the new one I think it might be nearly as good)

I’m also going to the Bristol show!

1 Like

last one is essentially a slightly less good version of Attack on Memory but that is still A Good Thing.

I think that’s what my issue was with it (this seems to apply to Japandroids also Post-Nothing > Celebration Rock).

See you there!

I’ll be the fella trying not to obscure anyone’s view and suffering from tall man’s guilt, you’ll be on a bike…yeah! :wink:

I will actually be bringing my bike to Bristol (will be staying about for a few days, hoping to get some rides in, obv)

1 Like

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

I’ll have to give that one another go. May have been to quick to dismiss it first time around.

Here and Nowhere Else is the best one!

5 Likes

^This.

1 Like

I think it’s not a less good Attack on Memory it’s just a less ‘interesting’ one. All the stuff is far more similar in terms of pace and dynamic.

I like both of those two records a lot, although I’d cite Attack on Memory as the better one because it has more ideas.

2 Likes

Yeah I’d agree with that

going in (after hearing one or two tracks and thinking they were pretty shit)

first track: sounds like Jimmy Eat World but with Strokes-y guitars

cba with this

listening to FJAAK instead, sorry everyone

I’ve a couple of Strava buddies (never met them in real live obvs) who go from Wales over the original Severn Crossing round and back again not sure how this ties in with being based in Bristol but there you go.

That’s a great call with Jimmy Eat World, that melody sounds like it could be straight off Clarity or Futures.

Enjoying the album but it’s taken a few listens. Thought it was a bit tame at first. I’m hearing a hint of Weezer… but thankfully not enough to sully the whole experience

1 Like

There’s one song which is a blatant weeper rip off, third one maybe?

is that misspelling of ‘Weezer’ or have I just never heard of ‘Weeper’?