Cloud Nothings 2023 - New single 'Final Summer' out now.

Oh God, am I going to have to listen to Clocks first to work out which of the identical Rush of Blood singles it is?

No because it’s basically playing in the background

Yeah go for it. At least for a minute

Oh good.

Oh right it’s this one.

Hah hah :smiley:

I do like this but I would have probably enjoyed a Cloud Nothings style version of this song even more.

R…really?

1 Like

Well I mean I’m familiar with this sort of noise stuff. I quite enjoy the ludicrous nature of it including Immigrant Song meshed in too. I’ve seen people do this sort of thing live. It’s too long though. Should’ve just done a 2 minute “fuck you” but then the length is also sort of a “fuck you”.

1 Like

Alright Cloud Nothing’s label’s p.r

3 Likes

That’s right. I’ve also told Dylan to cut his hair and write more choruses.

3 Likes

I had a chat with Dylan in case anyone’s interested at all
http://music.theaureview.com/interviews/interview-cloud-nothingss-dylan-baldi-on-doom-metal-canadas-secrets/

3 Likes

how come you didn’t ask him why the new album isn’t very good?

Because I think it’s only a little bit worse and that would have been MEAN

jokez, good interview bbz xx

1 Like

Merged the two threads but it seems to have noted @ma0sm posted the same thing in each and hasn’t made him look like a complete lunatic.

also @Icarus-Smicarus the new album is every bit as good as the last one :smiley:

2 Likes

Dylan talked about it on an episode of The Creative Process podcast.

“That AV Club website does that cover song series and they’d asked us to do something, but they’d ask you to pick something from a list that they’d send you. I knew if we said yes that we were going to have to stop into their studio in the middle of a tour to do it, so we weren’t going to have time to actually learn anything. Then Clocks seems easy because it’s just a keyboard part over and over. Eventually we didn’t even try to learn that so we decided to play it on my phone while we played keyboard over it. Our tour manager kept accidentally setting off the smoke machine in there, that wasn’t even on purpose. That was how that all came about. I think it was good. I think that was my favourite song we’ve ever made.”

4 Likes

Anyone else still loving this? Some weaker tracks for sure but stuff like Internal World, Things Are Right With You, Modern Act and Sight unseen are so fucking great.

The first track sounds like Viva La Vida though :smiley:

Still love ‘Enter Entirely’. Have that playing in my head a few times a week.

Certainly a grower. I was disappointed when I first heard it I think. Only just missed my top 5.

They appear to be touring in December with the Hotelier, not sure I’ll make it though after seeing them earlier in the year.

I still really like it, especially “Darkened Rings”, “Modern Act”, and “Sight Unseen”. The first two of those are two of the best songs they’ve ever done. I still like the opener a lot too, probably because it sounds like it could have been a Jimmy Eat World song.

It might just fall out of my top 10 for the year, largely due to other amazing albums being released. The main thing holding it back for me is the lyric style; for some reason it seems like critics have always given them a free pass on that when they’d go after other bands for doing the same.

1 Like

if anyone is not sure about the gig tonight/tomorrow because they’re not much of a fan of the new album (like me) then all I can say is go!!! they were fucking incredible on saturday and it was basically a ‘greatest hits’ set

3 Likes