Clowns

Did you ever see him and say

Get a load of this clown

?

Wooden car that you get out of and the door falls off.

1 Like

no I never met him but the story was his wife was also a clown and I think cheated on him or something and they then had a rival clown thing going on. It’s hard to remember being about 10 years old

1 Like

Oooh good one

Ah shit, squeaky red nose too. Comic Relief will be rolling in their graves at that exclusion.

1 Like

Sounds like the ICP origin story

the 90s was probably the last era of the clown. Before the internet people just had to get the local clown in for a kids party. Now you’d probably get one from deliveroo or something similar but for children’s entertainers

I had a clown for my birthday when I was little, it was great. He had a dragon puppet.

3 Likes

It’s appropriated as one of those twitter things now I think, like calling someone a crank or a grifter. Just miserable twitter words

If you haven’t seen it, killer klowns from outer space is fun :laughing:

1 Like

Sad to hear this is the case

I’d happily call somebody a clown privately out of great conviction, but not when playing to a crowd

1 Like

The British government.

2 Likes

My favourite clown info is that all professional/trained clowns are supposed to have unique ‘signature’ face paint. So they ‘trademark’ their make up by painting it on an egg which is then stored in a clown make-up archive.

1 Like

Really annoyed me a few years ago when the media kept referring to ‘killer clowns’ when they hadn’t killed anyone and were therefore just regular clowns.

5 Likes

that’s fair enough, i think even as a kid i just thought “oh it’s a guy dressed up as a clown, cool”

though i probably didn’t encounter that many clowns in real life rather than just on tv

1 Like

I like it when clowns overwhelm the stage.

1 Like

I have mixed feelings about John Popper writing a bizarrely lewd cautionary tale about running away with a circus clown.

1 Like

1 Like

Clown on clown pie-lence