Co-Op Supersaver Ultras (Rolling)

God it’s gorgeous

7 Likes

Interesting! The last time they did this (pizzas + Bud for for a fiver, around Xmas time IIRC) it was available in my local Co-op, so perhaps they’ve been told to stop offering it in Scotland.

Sorry, thought they were frozen. Don’t like chilled pizza either :slight_smile:

It’s Scandinavian for value

You’re supposed to cook it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

3 Likes

Just realised the logo is a wee terrier holding a shopping basket. Never paid much attention and assumed it’d be a fucking viking hat or something.

3 Likes

Wow

Just had the same realisation. Since being a kid I thought he was drinking a cocktail through a straw out of a hollowed out pineapple half.

1 Like

As if.

It’s totally obvious!

1 Like

:musical_note: Do yourself a favour
Be a liquor saver
Liquor save
Liquor save at Kwik Save :musical_note:

Supermarkets within a mile of my house
Big Sainsbos
Big Tesco
Big Morrisons
Medium Tesco
Aldi
Lidl
Medium Waitrose
Little Waitrose
M&S
Iceland

It really is! I’ve just obviously never paid the slightest but of attention to their logo.

Whoever came up with this cut-and-shut name shop in Birmingham does. (It wasn’t me, btw, but Safeway was where we went for The Big Shop when I was a boy.)

Back on topic, Co-op’s four for £7 beer offer is very decent if you’re shopping local. Obvs not as good as M&S three for a fiver, but that’s not as good as Morrisons’ four for £6.

1 Like

Before Netto, Lidl and Aldi were big over here, Tesco was thought of as the most low-rent supermarket. It was only really the Prunella Scales ads that made people go, before that they just had huge, bland, budget supermarkets.

Vividly remember “yer mam shops at Tesco” being pretty much the biggest insult you could get in the early nineties. They used to do an own-brand bread with a yacht on it and if your mam wrapped your butties in the wrapper you’d get called Spinnaker Skeg.

2 Likes

We’ve got minimum pricing in Wales now as of this month - as long as the offer does not fall below the minimum unit price it’s allowed.

Hey @profk

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/co-op-5-meal-deal-goodfellas-margherita-pizza-458g-onion-rings-454g-fries-500g-garlic-baguettes-310g-creme-egg-ice-cream-480ml-3427582

1 Like

no longer live

Freezer Fillers looks dece

I miss the co-op

1 Like

Pizza and bud deal is on F all Y Is

2 Likes