Cocktails

Call for help from London DiSsers and those familiar with drinking in that there London.

I’ve got someone coming down to visit in a few weeks to celebrate a significant life event, and they want to go to a cocktail bar before (yes really) we go for dinner up the OXO Tower. So I’m on the lookout for nice places to do posh cocktails relatively near that area. Anyone any recommendations? Has to not have an over 21 policy, but dress codes probably not a problem since chances are we’ll be in our best smarts anyway.

Dipsomaniacs of DiS, I’m all ears.

The Skylon Bar in the RFH does decent cocktails.

1 Like

Cheers. Just browsing I’m looking at Lyan-ess nearby on the South Bank. Anyone been there?

Probably wanna hit up spearmint rhino/M&M world and China whites too

8 Likes

You jest, but if I suggested M&M world I suspect it would get a very positive response. :smiley:

1 Like

Get a beer and whack some M&Ms in

1 Like

There’s a place on Gerrard Street in China Town called The Experimental Cocktail Club which is very good.

1 Like

Lyaness is very good, their whole thing is making a lot of their own ingredients for cocktails but they will also make a very good version of anything you want.

1 Like

There’s eight Be At One bars in central London. Not sure which one is best though, sorry

1 Like

I’d probably take them to the Shard. There are a couple of cocktail bars. I’ve been to Aqua which is on a high up floor so the views are… quite good.

Memorable experience. Very expensive of course.
Also highly recommend having a wee wee when you’re there

1 Like

I think my main takeaway from this experience is that to be properly sure me and Mrs F need to go on a fact-finding mission to several of these places, just to be thorough. :smiley:

As @spicer says, the cocktails here are very good. However, the bar is on the ground floor and doesn’t have much of a vibe (it’s a fairly standard hotel bar).

If you prefer a bit more of a wow factor then I’d recommend 12th Knot, the rooftop bar in the same building. The views from there are amazing and the cocktails are pretty decent.

Alternatively, nearby on the north side of the river is Radio Rooftop, another bar with glorious views and good cocktails.

1 Like

All useful stuff, thanks.

1 Like

…but now I’m worried that you’ve already downgraded the cocktails from “decent” to “pretty decent” :wink:

Meant to be an upgrade!

1 Like