COCKTALES (Woo Woo!!)

Hm, I thought I was being clever adding the tales but it’s just made the title a little creepy, no?

Anyway, Cocktails! Please post your favourites, your tried and tested recipes! Recipes you’d like to try. Any kit you might have purchased that you recommend?

Maybe you’re into collecting vintage cocktail equipment? MAYBE you’ve got your own tiki bar at home??!?! So far I have two apple ice buckets, one day my dream will fully be realised.

COCKTAILS!!!

2 Likes

Ooooh I REALLY fancy a cocktail now! I’m an espresso martini gal but will try anything super sweet :cocktail:

1 Like

Ooo, very nice choice. Have you made your own before? I would be up for attempting that one. Most of my cocktails made at home have been fruity catastrophes :smiley: haha!!

I LOVE a cocktail. Anything quite fruity and sweet please although I do enjoy an espresso martini.

1 Like

My favourites are generally a Mojito, Caipirnha and Old Fashioned.

Favourite overall is a Mojito at Bar Rubi in Barcelona, though I generally go for a Caipirinha now.

Had a really nice Sazerac in Leeds pre lockdown. That was good too.

1 Like

Most you would ever pay for a cocktail

• £3
  • £5
  • £7
  • £10
  • £15
  • £20
  • Somehow more
  • I don’t like cocktails and don’t know why I’m in this thread

0 voters

Ooo, I’ve never heard of a Caipirnha before. Please more details.

Hello excuse me Witches is the title of this thread meant to be sung to the tune of popular cartoon “Duck Tales”?

1 Like

Sometimes go off piste and make cocktails with Dutch gin (oude jenever). This works really well in a G&T, not so great in a negroni.

1 Like

Haha, yes :grimacing:

2 Likes

What a show!

2 Likes

It came up in a quiz the other night. I’ve been singing it every since.

Negroni if I’m feeling fruity, OldFash if I’m feeling naughty. Always try a Mojito first in a new place though; if they can make a BANGING one of those, the rest will be safe. Mediocre mojito = move on.

1 Like

The only homemade cocktail I’ve made myself is, I think, a white russian (while watching the big lebowski, obviously)

Really want to try making more but I don’t have any equipment - my mum was going to try, and she got a bunch of really nice novelty glasses for entertaining purposes but it didn’t end up happening.

I keep thinking about ordering her a beginners’ cocktail kit so would love any suggestions!

1 Like

My favourite cocktail is an Old Fashioned I think but they get me absolutely tanked

2 Likes

Oh please give me your mojito recipe! Every mojito I’ve ever made has been bland and disappointing :frowning:

Same here, I was just about to look at cocktail kits but felt a bit overwhelmed, this is the main reason I started this thread actually so yes if anyone has any recommendations I too would be very intrigued :blush:

partial to a bellini too cos i’m a nana

1 Like

Add more rum

1 Like

I made it with gin :grimacing:

1 Like