Coffee wankers: ASSEMBLE

I got a Hario dripper thing to take to work because they’re taking away our coffee machine and the filter coffee is shit.

I tried it out at home and the resulting coffee was really flat and flavourless compared to using my aeropress. What have I done wrong?

Other coffee chat encouraged.

I’ve never used a Hario one but I’ve used the filter cone method for ages and I’ve found it’s great. However, you tend to have to use a bit more coffee. I use a heaped tablespoon scoop of the standard grind for cafetieres and at least strength 4.

How’re you pouring it over?

I wet the grounds first. Don’t pour water directly onto the paper, just pour it on the grounds.

Also, what coffee are you using?

Wetting the grounds first, then letting it sit for 30 seconds before pouring on more in a circular pattern (and not on to the paper).

I’m using Rave’s Chatsworth Blend at the moment, which is beautiful with the aeropress.

my friend has one of these:

http://gearpatrol.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/hario-drip-pot-gear-patrol_inlinesidebar.jpg

makes a really, really nice cup of coffee. had a few failed experiments at first - but once you nail it, you get a perfect cup, every time

think I might get one. can’t be assed with the mocha for daily coffee. took much cleaning time

Yeah, that’s what I do.

Absolutely no idea then :frowning:

Maybe I need to use more coffee? I’ve been using a full level scoop so far.

I guess – the Aeropress makes an epressso, then you top it up with water.

With the filter you’re making a filter coffee. Maybe this coffee tastes better as an espresso?

Eps and penoids love it so, the happy world of Hario.

Just pour the water straight on top, ffs.

Currently having an American from the canteen.

This isn’t the filth thread.

currently into the second week of no coffee on a Monday to Friday. feeling pretty decent I can tell ya.

fresh mind

Take it to the “No Coffee” wankers thread.

hang on a sec. are you not familiar with Saturday and Sunday? they come round about the same time every week, if that helps jog your memory

I would destroy you with a witty comment here, but I’m off to make a beautiful cup of coffee instead.

Bye.

enjoy your highly acidic, potentially stomach ruining hot beverage

Now i’ve worked out that the areopress is for espresso, its good

I still prefer my proper espresso machine but theres no counter space in my current kitchen :frowning:
We did get a soda stream tho and now i dont know how we lived without a soda stream

By not drinking carbonated coffee?

Now theres an idea