Coffee wankers update

This isn’t quite the answer I was looking for so I googled instead and got a much better Marckee answer.

1 Like

At the hotel in Amsterdam I was in over the weekend they were cold-brewing coffee in the bar, through some elaborate wood and glass jar contraption. The barman gave us a taste. It tasted like the dregs of a cup of coffee you’d left for a couple of hours.

We collect them and use them as mulch on the garden plants. If we can’t be arsed when the bucket of grounds is full then the compost bins are second choice.

It’s been a while since someone’s said Pact are overpriced crap.

Pact are overpriced crap.

1 Like

I didn’t like PACT at all.

What’s your spend limit on a bag of beans/ground coffee?

I don’t think i’d push the £20 mark but i’ll happily give up £15-£17 for a nice proper bag from a fancy place.

250g?

No more than £8, ideally. I’d go up to a tenner if it was very good.

Also, paying for ground coffee is a mug’s game. It’ll have gone stale by the time you open the bag

Just did £7 for 250g from Monmouth. That’s probably my limit. 500g is usually £10-12

You didn’t see this but I just made a gesture with my hands which is as if i’m holding the bag of coffee and trying to determine how much it is.

I think 250g.
Like a reasonable size bag.

Maybe i’m thinking of 500g.

A smaller bag I’d probably do £10

Interesting. Can’t imagine I’ll stop though. I didn’t do it before actually, the main reason was going to the metal filter and inverted method - with paper filters you just pop them out into the bin. The metal filter you’d have to slide off and rinse on its own, then carry the 'press to the bin, I tried but grounds dribble around the place. I have always put cafetiere grounds down the sink, that would be a right pain otherwise.

Coffee wanker score = 8/10

1 Like

DO they go stale though?
DO THEY?

@plasticniki

Never like to take the chance. Wherever I get the opportunity I’ll just chew a bean off the plant and then hurriedly pour boiling water into my mouth to guarantee freshness.

Using boiling water to make coffee?

lol

5 Likes

Yes

£10 including delivery for 250g ideally. Would pay a little bit more for something a little bit different / special like these bourbon barrel aged ones but not too much more.

1 Like

Very annoyed because I tried the inverted method this morning and it made a better cup of coffee.

IRKED.

8 Likes

HA!

1 Like

Picked up a couple of bags from Algerian Coffee Stores yesterday. Asked for recommendations for a V60 and got some Yirgacheffe and Guatemala Antigua. Always forget how lovely and helpful they are in there. Obvs got a double espresso to go for £1, probably London’s biggest bargain, that :heart: