Coffee wankers update

Ended up buying the Wilfa grinder from Horsham Coffee Roaster, came with a bag of this. Would have bought it from Origin but annoying the coffee they include is the stuff I just bought from them!

1 Like

Anyone got any nice new coffee beans lately?

I just got some espresso roast from Monmouth which is pretty nice but nothing too special.

Also let’s talk about the grounding. That’s a fair bit of faff to do each time and I can’t get my QTY right. I’ve started putting my leftover grounds in an airtight jar and I have to say it’s the same as freshly ground. I think it’s a myth that you shouldn’t have ground coffee.

Wilfa buddies!!!

:raising_hand_woman:

Been on different single origins specially selected to be great as a V60 from Django coffee for a couple of months now, get a 250g bag of beans every fortnight. Every single one has been lush.

How long you leaving those grounds for? I still grind freshly before every cup I have at home, wouldn’t dream of doing anything else. Having a good grinder makes it very easy.

I think i ground some on Sunday and i had some today. Maybe a week at most. It’s in a proper sealed air tight jar. Surely it’ll just be EXACTLY the same as freshly grinding?

I’d like someone to do a taste test.
Chances are when I’m half asleep at 6:30 and just want coffee I wouldn’t notice :man_shrugging:

Well it would be a bit stale but probably not that much. There’s loads of other factors at play when making coffee anyway, like the freshness of the beans for example.

How are you storing your beans?

I was awake at 10am and didn’t notice!

I bought a bag of Rwandan coffee from Small Batch last weekend. I get them to grind it for me so that it’s the right size. I weighed up the pros and cons of freshly ground vs getting it right but not so fresh, and getting it right won. maybe I should save up some pennies and buy that grinder that @songforsaturday posted. I’ve not opened the new bag yet though - I’m still finishing off the last bag.

I also bought some beans back from India too, they look like a pretty dark roast, so maybe I should have them when I need a caffeine hit rather than drinking for the taste.

In whatever bag they came in, in a cupboard. Normally use them within a week of getting them (and I’ll get them typically a day after they’ve been roasted).

1 Like

Quite wanna get a moka pot.

Who’s got a nice one? Quite like it to be a silly colour like yellow or red.

I just have a small bialetti one in silver.

Do you know where your best place to get one is?

HOMESENSE :smiley:

Anyone got any experience with a MoccaMaster?

No, but fuuuuuuuucik I really want one.

What’s the difference between that and a normal filter machine?

OK, so I just googled, and obviously while it might look like a filter machine it’s obviously MUCH more than that.

…it’s blue

2 Likes

at that pricepoint, why not an espresso machine?

Got about 3 bialettis in the cupboard , this shape is my favourite