Coffee wankers update

‘Is you decaf decaffeinated by the Swiss water method?’
‘No idea pal’

1 Like

Think oat is the coffee wankers choice due to texture (even had some pretty snooty comments when I’ve asked for a soya flat white in some wanky coffee shops) but I prefer soya as I find it impacts on the taste the least.

1 Like

just bought some of this

we shall see

Stuff I posted up there is decaffed by some sugar cane method. No idea.

update: it’s here. it’s out of date. complained. got a refund & also got to keep the coffee.

forgot i’d ordered it though so have no method of making it at work.

This has gone really well for you from start to finish, hasn’t it

2 Likes

wow, when was it roasted? that’s terrible.

i think the moral of the story is just drink regular coffee

1 Like

dunno just says best before 19/08

so i’ll prolly not die but y’know

:laughing: proper had your pants down there

Went to the famous Tim Wendelboe while on holiday in Oslo. Mind blowingly good. Really love that they offer you a choice of beans with very different flavour profiles. Bought a bag of Honduran beans to take home and they’re tasting lovely, like milk chocolate with hazelnuts and raisins.

1 Like

update: it’s really nice

i am the winner

1 Like

I’m gonna buy a wilfa grinder unless one of you convince me otherwise

it’s good, i love mine

I have this, which is about half the price of the Wilfa Grinder.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Melitta-Grinder-1019-01-Electric-Grinding/dp/B00R7HKAWC

It’s a burr grinder, you can adjust from espresso up to a chunky grind for cafetiere with 15 levels, and my only gripe is that amount it grinds doesn’t go down to 1 cup, but if you’re going to all the trouble of grinding at home, you should be weighing your beans not using a number on a machine (so I just weight out 9g then set it to the minimum).

Particularly ‘Blackcurrant’ nobody wants that in their coffee.

I have just had mine delivered. And the coffee is in the moka pot. Will report back in 5 mins.

You get a ‘free’ bit of coffee with it.

1 Like

Its good.

Thanks, but now I’m thinking of spending £400 on a bean to cup machine?

1 Like

I wouldn’t know anything about that now.