Coffee wankers update

weird, I’m sure I got the shipping free too …? One of the Guatemala’s is for a friend but pretty happy to have a kg of new coffee in the cupboard anyway - stocks were running low!

I think it was something weird around adding a 1kg bag, but don’t really remember. They usually just drop it round the next day (I’m about 7 miles away from them in town) but they shipped it this time so who knows :slight_smile:

Impulse bought a bean to cup coffee machine in the sales and think I might have just been drinking brown water out of my moka pot. The difference in flavour and strength is insane. Buzzing my tits off here.

3 Likes

Just bought these:

Tasting notes of chocolate and hazelnut may be if interest to @anon44830896

It sure does! I really liked your last recommendation to me so I’m gonna order this to try!

This also sounds good

yeah, it was a toss up between the two. The place they roast them is close enough that I can pop out and buy a bag and be back in half an hour, so I’ll head back at some point - I’ll probably stock up before Christmas so I don’t run out while things are closed between Christmas and New Year

1 Like

I’ve ordered both cause why not. I also needed some aeropress filters anyway.
Can’t be running out of coffee over Christmas!

1 Like

that Guatemala from Pelicano was easily one of the best coffees I’ve had through all of lockdown btw so cheers!

2 Likes

Are we crowning @rob.orch king of the coffee wankers?

3 Likes

i ordered some beans on november 26th

they were dispatched on december 1st

it’s now the 10th, they’re still not here

:grimacing:

I assume you’re mainly concerned about bean freshness :slight_smile:

(that sucks - where did you order from?)

Flattering, but I don’t even own a goose neck kettle!

1 Like

craft house

not really worried about the freshness tbh, but i am dangerously close to running out of beans here, but i know the second i buy some they’ll turn up!

that’s a given!

Ooh - a nice little bonus in my Pelicano subscription this week!

2 Likes

What’s really good is that for the past two days I’ve stopped by the local branch to try and buy some but they haven’t been in stock. I asked on Instagram when they’d be getting it, then an hour or two later my delivery arrived!

2 Likes

I cracked open the Pelicano Christmas blend this afternoon

Mulled wide?

(More than anything it just tastes of coffee)

1 Like

New toy…

3 Likes

Was very close to buying a moccamaster the other day.