Coffee wankers update

on your bike?

1 Like

Here is a coffee-arseholes question for you; how many different grades of coffee do you keep in stock?

I have:

1. Shitty instant for builders and when my parents visit
  2. Supermarket ground coffee for regular guests and emergencies
  3. The good stuff direct from my local wankers place for us, and visitors who might actually appreciate it.

At the moment:

1. decaf instant (2 types, this is solely for when my mum visits)
  2. loads of different types of Nespresso-compatible pods (mainly buy when there’s some sort of deal on, though haven’t actually used any this year and kind of want rid of it)
  3. pre-ground stuff (Christmas gift, wouldn’t buy this normally)
  4. a few bags of beans (this is running out, need to get some more)

really need to get some shitty instant for builders, thanks for the reminder

1 Like

Generally just 2, might buy some fancy stuff if Im going through a wanker phase.

just 2

1. shitty instant for builders/ anyone who might actually like it
  2. whole beans of the good stuff from local wankers place

There’s probably better machines you could buy with that budget (I’m just assuming)

can’t make a judgement unless I actually got to try some coffee from it

my impression of fancy machines is they require a lot of cleaning/ servicing etc to keep them working. Just sounds like extra stress and hassle to me. I prefer to keep it simple at home (stove top and V60) and save the fancy machine coffee for when I’m out

1 Like

Wow. People are silly huh.

all about Pelicano! (/Coffee at 33 if feeling flush)

oh are you a Brighton person @JohnnyPark ?

I’ve been to Pelicano and it was fantastic - don’t think I’ve ever been to 33 though

Yep, Brighton person :slight_smile: For better or worse, i definitely fulfill the title of this thread.

33 is my personal top coffee establishment, but usually buy beans from Pelicano

I’ve got a 1kg bag of small batch beans to get through - might try some pelicano ones when I’m done with them

that’s a big bag o’ beans!

1 Like

interesting, have you got a link for this contraption?

Probably alright, but also probably not as good as a £20 Aeropress with banging good beans.

(not actually bought one yet)

Looks good, a little on the pricey side for me but if the quality is worth it over cheaper models then it’s a no brainer. Would be interested in how you get on.
Got an aeropress in December and it’s brill. Only a matter of time before I start grinding my own beans - currently get the coffee place to grind them for me.

After using an Aeropress at work & a Chemex at home for the last couple of years, I decided to get an espresso machine, so I got this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00C2353FU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

although we only paid £115 for it (it’s up to £150 now)

It’s really nice! A little bit more plasticky than it looks from the picture but it makes a very good espresso. It takes a bit of learning but I’m definitely improving.

I need a non-shit coffee solution for work. Don’t really like cafetiere coffee that much and we (obviously) don’t have a hob so moka pot is a no-no. Gonna rule out an Aeropress as it might blow my colleagues’ minds as they already think I’m literally the weirdest man on earth for not eating animals or owning a car or watching reality TV or being racist.

Where does this leave me? Some kind of on-mug filtration device? Idk anything about them. Hario is in my head for some reason. What is hario?

THnaks.

Yeah, I find people commenting on things I eat and drink one of the most annoying things. I say people, I just mean colleagues.

Why can’t they just leave us be?