Coffee wankers update

can we talk beans.

i’m getting the pact house ones at the moment and don’t think they’re great. they just seem, weak? coffee doesn’t have enough flavour/ kick to it and is pretty watery, even when compared with yer taylors or whatever. maybe i’m brewing it wrong?

should I try a different co? any suggestions?

That is nice

yeah I think so. my grinder’s only electric since some rascal stole my hand one, but it’s ground fine enough

might try a local roasters, there’s a place local doing beans for £12(!) a bag but I have my limits

Thank you it is quite nice to be back

1 Like

Yeah, get a V60 from Hario.

Can get em for like a fiver with some filters. Can get different sizes, I have 2, which is good for 1-4 cups of coffee I reckon (obvs you’d need to put it over a large vessel for lots of coffee)

I ask questions like that a bit but it’s more from an envious POV rather than being like WTF ARE YA DOING?

How are you brewing it? Have you looked up some brew guides for your particular method?

I had some absolutely lovely beans from Workshop recently, they were so bloody good. Also Round Hill Roaster :ok_hand:

Next on my list to try are Yellow Bourbon.

I thought Pact were pish too. Totally agree with your description. Going straight back to Rave when I use up my Christmas supply.

1 Like

got an aeropress innit so quite hard to get wrong. i’ve tried taylors ones with the same method and had decent brews. tried leaving the beans a bit longer etc but nothing seems to work.

@Epimer might give rave a go. what’s good? do you gots a subscription?

can never get my aeropress to get as good as, say, a caffe nero and it kills me a little every time I try

No subscription. My last order was before I had a grinder, but I liked the Chatswood Blend, the Signature Blend and the Fudge one. Usually try a different single origin one to get over the free shipping threshold. The sparkling water decaf blend is also really nice.

1 Like

Just started a subscription to Django Coffee, looks pretty nice for £6.25/delivery. I’ve kept it to one bag every 2 weeks but I’m going through a bag a week I reckon, so that’ll allow me to try other stuff I pick up here and there.

I FUCKING LOVE COFFEE

I have a de’longhi machine, albeit much lower level than that

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_325004910982?CMP=SSH&tmcampid=28&tmad=c&sku=8427857&brand=DeLonghi&cat1=Electricals&cat2=Coffee-machines&cat3=Espresso-%26-cappuccino&CMP=KNC_6999963655_983019502_48119628909__&mdrt=electricals&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIj-u1_5Hz2AIVzp3tCh1CNwEVEAQYAiABEgIq7fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I really like it but use it most for the milk frother bit. I do have 5 means of making coffee in my house so i’m a bit spoiled for choice and usually just aeropress. I plan to make more use out of this soon tho!

I really need to learn some stuff about coffee. Now I’m grinding my own beans in the office I’ve developed a reputation as someone who is, “serious about coffee.” When in reality it just means I can spend more time away from my desk. I feel like a fraud. I buy my beans from whichever supermarket I happen to go to first after I run out and pick them almost exclusively based on how strong they are because for some reason I like to drink coffee that makes me feel like I’m about to die.

Hi guys.
I think i’m being ultimate coffee wanker today cause I brought some stuff back from my fave coffee place in Brooklyn so now i’m on this and it’s AMAZING.

https://tobysestate.com/product/flatiron/

I will be carting a shit load of beans back when I go again in May.

1 Like

@dots me and @japes got this freebie

I don’t really like the beans or the method of making the coffee tbh.

next step is to get coffee which has been freshly roasted innit, something with at least a “roasted on” date stamped on the bag

Epimer and someone else upthread said Pact beans had been a bit shit recently, and I really don’t need another V60 thingy

2 Likes

:frowning:

SOZ
I also would have posted you my one as I have used it just one time and about to throw it out soon.

edit 2: mainly cause i can’t use the fucking thing. I’ve ground it SO SMALL and yet, watery as shit coffee

soz i know this also does not help :smiley:

They’re fine, reckon meow must be using hers upside down or something.

1 Like

Still baffled as to how this happens for you :frowning:

1 Like