Cold Sores

Anyone else get these? I do when I’m rundown af. Don’t just get them on the cracks on the side either, sometimes on the lip proper. Very embarrassing.

Think I know when I got it too, bit of an embarrassing memory too. Hey hum.

Jason Coldsore

1 Like

Don’t go Jason Coldsores please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you’re used to

3 Likes

Last week I was positing that it would be funny if there was a baby called Jason Coleslaw, this was a reference to that.

I don’t tend to get cold sores which is weird considering I get ulcers all the time.

1 Like

Jason Coldsore could be a humourless BBC2 detective show. He’s very good and efficient, so there’s never any tension - in fact, everything’s normally resolved with half an episode to go, then we watch him do his online shopping for a bit, and look at reviews of new saloon cars.

1 Like

Read a pretty grim story earlier from a lady about how after sleeping with a guy she developed sores all over her chest, and it turned out her excema had become infected with herpes, which is apparently a thing that can happen.

Very kind and inclusive of you to explain

2 Likes

They’re totally different things though.

Yeah it is, which is why I’m very very cautious about cold sore contact.

Do you have to have contracted herpes/cold sores sexually? I get them regularly in winter but I’ve never really thought about when it started or how

Sometimes I think “wouldn’t it be nice if they spent research money into getting rid of them” and then I remember that on the priority list it’s pretty much at the bottom and think about other things instead.

1 Like

Think you can contract it through indirect contact like sharing cups / towels etc

1 Like

Any time!

3 Likes

Can you?
I’m not sure about that.

I get them when super run down and or super stressed.
These two tend to go hand in hand, last got a cold sore about 6 weeks ago, I’d say maybe once a year I get one.

Sharing bath water?

They spend a lot of time/money trying to get rid of them.

Shall I type out a biology lesson on herpes viruses? Or just not bother…

Cold sores are most contagious when oozing blisters are present. But you can transmit the virus to others even if you don’t have blisters. Shared eating utensils, razors and towels, as well as kissing, may spread HSV-1. Oral sex can spread HSV-1 to the genitals and HSV-2 to the lips.

I would find it interesting