Coldplay are great you fucking pricks

First two albums 10/10 and 9/10

Fuck off

8 Likes

Totally agree with the lad

5 Likes

Just the 8 pints?

18 Likes

I’d say maybe 9 and 8 but actually yep, first two albums are great.

Haha I love profk

1 Like

Tell me Amsterdam is a bad song

1 Like

Trouble is literally the most boring song of all time

1 Like

It’s great

they’re as close to worthless as art can get

1 Like

Yellow is shitv

Shiver is class

15 Likes

Was reading about Chris martin on Wikipedia the other day, expecting him to have some fairly interesting musical influences, but turned out Travis were the band that influenced him the most.

9 Likes

at least travis had one good album, don’t think coldplay had any

Probably agree with the first part of this, but not the latter

Coldplay are really good. Their set at Glastonbury looked proper fun

You’re going to have to narrow that down, they headline every other year

they were fantastic in 2005

2 Likes

Just great pop

1 Like

first two albums are great, no doubt about that

i really like X&Y but can also full accept why people think it’s bland

i can remember reading a review of it somewhere that went like this

“so, on their third album, will they go in the direction of Radiohead or will they just play it very safe?”

now seems hilarious to imagine the idea that someone opened that album for review thinking they might have experimented and gone interesting instead of smashing out another set of tunes that everyone can blandly relate to and sound good in a big venue

i also really like Christmas Lights (reminds me of a winter where i was living in the coldest flat in london with a racist but then went to my parents very nice warm house in hampshire for xmas - was that xmas that i probably learned more about privilege than any other time)

i really like this off the EP around the time of album 4 too

would love to have seen them live about ten years ago before they’d started releasing shit

I remember really liking the second song on their first album. Don’t onow what it is now, mind. Remember one new year’s eve i was playing bass in a covers band in a pub and we were about to play Trouble (one of many songs i didn’t really know how to play but was able to make something up for) i decided i might be a good idea to get blazed in the car park. Came back on stage and got fucking WELL into whatever it was i was playing. Like, it was the smoothest bassline ever played to any song ever. Probably sounded utter guff in the crowed, don’t give a shit, i nailed it.

11 Likes