Coldwar steve

• Top notch satire
  • It’s funny I dont really get it
  • Meh
  • I like it because it’s there
  • What?
  • Is this what life has come to?

0 voters

There was a piece in one of the papers about the guy doing it for sort of peace of mind when he’d been going through a rough time, unless i’m mistaking it for another online thing, marckee will confirm either way, and i though aye, fair play to him. I don’t necessarily find it hilarious, but i can’t really be arsed with webweirds pretending they’ve not heard of stuff or dismissing popular things.

1 Like

genuinely hadn’t heard of this until googling it just now, which i’m surprised about given the number of followers, including people i know (i don’t really spend much time on twitter these days come to think of it)

starting to scroll through but not really sure i understand it so far

1 Like

Yeah me too. Isn’t doing anything for me TBH but that’s art I guess.

Cuban Missile Crisis Alan

2 Likes

One of those things I prefer to let other people follow and filter the better content for me.

4 Likes

Er… stanislav petrov?

^this

The stuff I’ve seen retweeted into my timeline is quite amusing, but I wouldn’t follow it myself.

1 Like

Genuinely pretending to have not heard of it.

(Actually hadn’t heard of it before. He’s no Jim’ll Paint It)

1 Like

Space Race Ian

9/11 Jim

Perestroika Pat

It’s alright in general, but I crack up every time I see that photo of Cilla.

6 Likes

Was it his lads who were in that shit band ten years ago?

I’ve just read an Economist article on Cold War Steve and I have changed my vote accordingly.

Quite amusing looking through the other ones he did that didn’t take off…Tosh’s Suez Crisis, Brutalist Stilgoe…as others have probably said it’s hit and miss but hey it’s the internet not a Mitchell and Webb sketch.

Genuinely not heard of this. Doesn’t seem very good to me after a quick googling.

Not even in this one for the indie points. I’ve no idea what’s going on.

6 Likes

Coldwar Steve and the Jing Jang Jong

2 Likes

how do the economist think the global markets will react to cold war steve

They see him as part of an aggressively absurdist art movement along with Idles and Sleaford Mods. His work is selling, apparently.