Colossal Sauce (Ethically Dubious Business Crowdsourcing Thread)

Thanks man :+1: I’m feeling generally kinda unwell as well so I might watch some Lone Wolf and Cub and see if I can absorb some tips through that instead.

2 Likes

The main tip I can remember from that would be spikes in the cart. Sneaky, sneaky spikes.

2 Likes

Few problems in life can’t be solved by a weaponised baby buggy tbf

Could you do a Japanese themed one called The Shogun’s Decapitator please?

3 Likes

Just popped into this thread to post this (apologies if it’s already upthread somewhere)

1 Like

If that’s what Taco Bell can do for someone, imagine the magical powers of Colossal Sauce™

2 Likes

‘When drizzled by the neck, a sound like wailing winter winds is heard’

2 Likes

I’m supposed to know this but is that a haiku?

That’s a cracking name for one but if you don’t know the reference it’s a bit close to the EDGY MAN SAUCE names I’m keen to avoid. That’s my one rule on naming sauces.

1 Like

(4.05 on)

2 Likes

Samurai sword emoji

1 Like

Quick lychee update: the place I’ve had most luck getting fresh lychees let me down yesterday. I’m going to check some Chinese supermarkets tomorrow (I would do it today but I left my wallet in yesterday’s work trousers didn’t I?) and if I have no luck there I have a plan B up my sleeve. There’ll be sauce cooked and sent over the weekend but what it ends up being is a little up in the air at this point.

1 Like

Quick Lychee Update
Lychees Let Me Down
Yesterday’s Work Trousers
Up in the Air at this Point (Fear of Music co-brand)

Colossal Sauce is the new Old Blue Last meme :+1:

1 Like

No luck in the various Asian/Mediterranean supermarkets round Cardiff I tried either.

New plan: you lychee tasters will be trying out the tinned lychee version of Lychee Libre and a second MYSTERY SAUCE. It’ll be on a similar kinda vibe so I doubt anyone will have a problem with the MYSTERY SAUCE but if any of you have any fruit allergies let me know.

Gonna have to ponder the fate of the super fiery sauce in the core range. I have ideas though.

Hey it’s called Colossal Sauce not Colossal…on time…enterprises?

Nope, I got nothing. I’m working on it.

6 Likes

I guess Lychee Libre can always end up as a guest sauce if the tinned one isn’t up to scratch. People will buy a half dozen bottles at a time for fear of running out, it’ll be a goldmine. Lychee season will be your busiest time of year and you’ll have to take a fortnight off regular work to cook up enough to even begin to meet demand, having teased its upcoming release for a month or two to whip up a minor frenzy.

2 Likes

I like your optimism :smiley:

I rather like the tinned lychee version but I feel it’s missing something that El Lycheedor had - probably the tequila! But I’ll give the folks who signed up to try it a chance to try it vs a potential replacement. See how that works.

I’ll be registered and legally able to sell sauces in just over a fortnight but I’m in no rush to launch so I have time to make sure I get the 3 core sauces right.

2 Likes

This thread is great. I’m not into hot sauce that much but the enthusiasm from everyone (esp Mr Colossal himself) is infectious :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Very exciting!!

FryTakeMyMoney.jpeg

2 Likes

I’ve always been a bit of a wimp with heat but this thread has made me want to try more sauces as I’ve always liked a bit of the old Reggae Reggae! So I bought a Mango & Habanero sauce from Sainso’s on a whim as it was only a quid and it’s bloody lovely, I now want to try more!

Your plum one sounds amazing!

2 Likes