Colossal Sauce (Ethically Dubious Business Crowdsourcing Thread)

Correct. I would also have accepted “the mustache”.

1 Like

Need to research your competitors, right?

But for real, I’m sure they’d be interested in supporting an independent producer, especially if you pitched your background right (maybe throw in a little “originally inspired by an online indie music community” bullshit).

Elvis isn’t dead!?

1 Like

Dead excited about this new hot sauce venture!

2 Likes

:smiley:

DSOTB is the easiest one to get running I think. I’ve already trialed a run without black garlic that proved my theory that the taste of that is too delicate to survive the hot sauce process. It tasted exactly the same. Just gonna try a couple of different chilli combos for the taste test.

Another voted for Davidoff Cool I Will Give You Lots Of Money When They’re Readily Available.

2 Likes

Also a great idea. We might have to have a wider chat next year!

1 Like

Bit needy m9. No sauce for you

This is great, hope it works out for you. If any of the sauces are vegan and you would like the feedback of my colleagues then let me know. I work for a wholefoods/grocer co-op and we quite often get sent samples for everyone to taste and feedback, usually with the aim of getting the product on our shelves.

(This really isn’t a shameless attempt to get my hands on some sauce, btw)

3 Likes

This is the title the sauce needs @colossalhorse

2 Likes

Absolutely, and they seem to have the line on non-embarrassing sauces named after the effect they have on the anus. Half the hot sauce sites on the web are full of stuff called things like, “Professor Phardtpounders Colon Cleaner.” Which might be the nicest sauce in the known universe but like fuck am I having that on my shelf.

4 Likes

Poirot is a name used by hundreds of thousands of people but there’s only 2 people called Elvis?

would love to taste test your sauce but not really feasible because of where I live.

I really like the colossal sauce logo you had for a while with your grinning face by the way

100 sauce for me

I stand by my gushing review 110%, it’s so delicious. I’d work on the consistency slightly for a wider release, to make it a bit easier to get dabs out of the bottle, but you acknowledged that ‘evil custard’ was an unexpected side effect anyway.

1 Like

They’re all vegan - I suppose I could add meat and/or dairy to the sauces but there’s really no need. Also not dealing with meat/dairy made it much easier to get registered as a business as I’m far less likely to accidentally make anyone ill.

Getting the feedback of some pros sounds great - I’ll definitely take you up on that!

5 Likes

I’m not sure I could repeat that consistency if I tried tbh!

I’m not going to be able to add tequila in the scaled up version as it adds extra regulatory headaches and ups the cost of production a lot. Not sure whether to add something in it’s place, use tequila flavouring or run it without. Whatever I end up with I think I’m gonna brand the new version ‘Lychee Libre’ and save the El Lycheedor name for some short runs of the premium version.

2 Likes

another vote for…

8 Likes

if there’s one thing I’ve got enough of in my life it’s hot sauce.

…so obviously I want lots more, please. sign me up.

5 Likes

Elvis Costello stole Elvis from Elvis anyway - his real name’s Declan