Comedy Commentary Cinema presents Hard Ticket To Hawaii

Prepare yourself 2017, because Comedy Commentary Cinema’s back, and this time we mean business.

What better way to start the new year than with Andy Sidaris’s classic Hard Ticket to Hawaii? Screening at our regular popup cinema at The Milk Factory, South Brisbane we are joined this time with guest commentary from Michelle Azevedo & Ryan Sim.

Have you ever been watching a movie at the cinema and wanted to laugh out loud at the diabetic sweetness of a sappy moment? Ever wanted to shout, “THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN” during any number of films starring Jason Statham? Well now you can!

Hard Ticket to Hawaii is a 1987 action thriller film directed and written by Andy Sidaris. Two drug enforcement agents are killed on a private Hawaiian island. Two operatives for The Agency accidentally intercept a delivery of diamonds intended for drug lord Seth Romero, who takes exception and tries to get them back. Soon other Agency operatives get involved, and a full-scale fight to the finish ensues, complicated here and there by an escaped snake made deadly by toxic waste!

Comedy Commentary Cinema have created a place where like-minded folk can congregate to celebrate the joy that is a good bad movie and re-create that living room atmosphere of a night in with friends.

A place where the shackles of polite cinema etiquette are discarded as the audience are encouraged to jeer, heckle and participate with the film creating a novel interactive cinema experience. As we know, nothing is as much fun as watching a bad film with friends.

Armed only with their wit and their laser pointers the comedians take you on a journey through weak plot lines, terrible dialogue, wooden acting and some of the worst special effects known. All while they provide you with a live Blu-ray style commentary just in case you missed the worst bits.

Join Ryan Sim, Michelle Azevedo and hosts Steven Morgan & Kristian Fletcher Events as we never look at frisbees or skateboards in the same way again.

You may know Ryan from his popular nights Yarn Storytelling or Full Disclosure or perhaps from his musical output with bands such as Low Season. What I’m saying is he’s multi-talented. Makes me sick.

Michelle is host of The Milk Factory’s ludicrously popular comedy night Soup at The Milk Factory and is a previous RAW Comedy state finalist. What I’m saying is she’s multi-talented. Makes me sick.

Arrive early for drinks and food - available to purchase from the bar.

Screening in our own private pop-up cinema.
Limited seating - prebookings recommended.
18+ event
Facebook Event here.