Comfort foods (#SSP)

Bbq baked beans with savers nacho chips crushed together to make a bitty paste.

Pasta with ketchup and cheese.

Basically just camping food

Think most of mine involve butter in some way.

1 Like

Bowl of pho

1 Like

Pasty
Good quality ready salted crisps in a bowl with grated cheese on
Super noodles
Bacon & fried egg sandwich
Mash (especially leftover mash fried up with cheese and an egg mixed in)
Spam fried up with potato waffles and beans

3 Likes

Enchiladas
Lasagne
Pizza
Curry
Roast

1 Like

Garlic bread
Cheese and crisp sarnie

Pek is all things to all men. Ham in a can.

Canham. Hamcan.

Hoy it between two slices of toast with some shite bright yellow mustard and you’re in food heaven.

1 Like

used to be my grandma’s toad in the hole with home made yorkshire pudding, but selfishly she went and died. haven’t managed to recreate how good her yorkshires were but I’m gonna try again soon I think

New York cheesecake. Ideally a doorstep sized wedge of.

1 Like

Oh yeah cheese and onion ginsters or a pizza swirl from the supermarket bakery, to be secretly eaten before I get home and the evidence disposed of in the outside bin.

Pizza
melted cheese on toast
massive bag of spicy crisps
maple and pecan plat
Haribo star mix
2 litres of mango rubicon

Yes please. I’d like this now.

4 Likes

Squeezing some balsamic glaze into your mouth and then biting straight from the block of brie.

2 Likes

taking a bite of buttered toast then having a swig of tea and letting it all mix in your mouth

delicious

3 Likes

Rubbing jacket potatoes with olive oil, garlic and salt then cooking them in the slow cooker for 4 hours and the oven for 1/2 an hour has changed my life tbh.

1 Like

Jacket potato with lashings of butter, fried onions, strong cheddar and bacon. Better if the skins are super crispy so you spread butter on them and put the fillings in to eat like a sandwich

Crisp sandwiches

nutella on untoasted white bread

Beef stew and dumplings, especially when you put it in the oven at the end for the dumplings to get really crispy

My mum used to make a sausagemeat, onion and bacon plait with pastry made from suet and it was just like hnnngrrhh dribble

5 Likes

Tuna, sweetcorn and red onion mixed with salad cream instead of mayo, omg guys i could live off this stuff

1 Like

babybels and cheestrings

3 Likes

What’s your Toad in the Hole technique? Me, I tend to bake the sausages in the dish a bit first, add a bit of oil/lard (don’t often buy lard but it always tastes better) to the sausage fat when they’re most of the way cooked, add the batter (4 eggs, equal parts milk and flour (200ml if I remember right), touch of baking powder, seasoning, occasionally a spoonful of mustard if I’m feeling fancy) when the oil/lard is super hot, then close the oven door and leave it closed until it’s 100% done. If it ever goes wrong it’s because I’ve been impatient and added the batter when the oil/lard wasn’t hot enough or opened the oven door prematurely.

1 Like

I want this in my face immediately