Comics Thread (Forever)

G. will be at SDCC (@GWillowWilson) Tweeted:
Friends…starting this December, we are going to Themyscira. Thrilled to be taking over writing duties for such an iconic character. https://t.co/1sdY0qnXhN https://twitter.com/GWillowWilson/status/1017093010952077312?s=17

Yaaas I say

Wait, how the fuck do you embed a tweet here? Ffs

“Copy Link To Tweet” -> CTRL-V

O ta!

Hang on… In all the hullabaloo I didn’t pay attention to the wider implications of this. Is GWW going exclusive at DC now? Have DC poached YET ANOTHER prominent swimmer in Marvel’s ever shrinking talent pool? Is Ms Marvel changing hands? Such changes afoot.

She says not

Wasn’t really into the last volume of Marvel I bought (5, I think - after one of those big silly crossovers when she’s suddenly an Avenger). Does it pick up again?

Yeah, similar here, I loved the first few arcs and then a bunch of stuff didn’t make sense due to one of their boring crossover events, so I dropped it. Same with Spider-Gwen.

Hawkeye and Thor are the only Marvel stuff on my pull list now. No DC, because DC.

Is there another Hawkeye series?

I’m sad they canned the Kate Bishop one :frowning:

Oh is that over? :persevere: I pull it in trades and the latest one is still on the to-read pile.

Oh

Yeah

Sorry. Cancelled, 3rd trade is the end. Ends pretty well though!

Appaz Saga #54 (released tomorrow) has this announcement that it’s going on hiatus for at least a year.

only just started this recently (read the omnibus of the first 18 issues) - it’s bloody great

kind of glad, haven’t enjoyed saga for ages so maybe it will give him time to work on something better, much prefer paper girls

Been reading old spider-man

Read a bunch of old Daredevil comics recently. All absolutely terrible. Plus, in one of them, Spidey accidentally narks our Daredevil’s secret identify to Karen and Foggy, the total dick.

Ha! There’s loads of continuity errors and typos early on too, he’s called Peter Palmer for an entire issue and a villain calls him Superman at one point.

I read some old Avengers ones a while ago too and the cold war influences are hilarious - there’s an entire issue where the Avengers go to a fictional Vietnam-esque country and overthrow a communist dictator who turns out to be a robot

I was reading some 90s Cable/X-Force comics. Deadpool was a lot less funny and much more of a dick. He has no problems beating up his girlfriend Vanessa if she disobeys their nefarious shadowy boss.

Currently reading 90s Luke Cage comics with laughable dialogue.

So this is in image’s November solicits:

THE WICKED + THE DIVINE: THE FUNNIES #1 (ONE-SHOT)
WRITER / ARTIST: KIERON GILLEN, ERICA HENDERSON, CHIP ZDARSKY, KATE LETH, LARISSA ZAGERIS, KITTY CURRAN & more!
COVER A: JAMIE McKELVIE & MATT WILSON
COVER B: MARGAUX SALTEL
NOVEMBER 7 / 32 PAGES / FC / M / $3.99
Every ninety years gods are reborn as dogs. They are good dogs. They are very good dogs. In two years, they may have learned how to sit, which is one of several (count ‘em!) stories in this special. As THE WICKED + THE DIVINE prepares for its final arc, we invite a bunch of friends over, pass out the fizzy pop and sherbet and have a lovely time. Join us!

I…, see.

They really need to finish wicdiv, it’s clearly sending them batshit. :grinning:

Oh dear :smiley:

@sadpunk Think there’s only 6 left, by next autumn they might have returned to reality. Hopefully.

Latest issue was fantastic btw.

Decided to get back into graphic novels. Read the abominable mr. Seabrook which is brilliant. Currently halfway through killing and dying which is an incredible book. Very funny and sad and brillliant