Comics Thread (Forever)

Yeah, I’m excited about seeing how they end it!

Not read the very latest one yet (my GF is way behind on it, so I have to wait until she’s not likely to see spoilers), but the last few have really felt like a shift in pace. :+1:

I really want to read Killing and Dying, but I’ve frozen my spending for bit. My to-read pile is ridiculous at the moment!

Of you’re in the South Yorkshire area you’re welcome to borrow it

Bought The Incal a few weeks ago but forgot to post about it in here. Read it in a day. Fucking Hell it is brilliant.

I was in Sheffield about two weeks ago if that helps

Funnily I bought bought the same thing a few weeks ago and have it on the agenda to read today!

Finally got a ticket to Thought Bubble, after approx 8 years of intending to go. I saw on Twitter that there’s some kind of WicDiv interactive experience (looks sort of like an escape room/murder mystery?) and that really pulled me in. Guest list is absolutely stellar, I’m sure I’ll have a lovely time.

Very, very envious of you going to TB.

Tell everyone I said hi.

It doesn’t but I hope you had a lovely time

Just sold my #1-current collections of Outcast, Birthright and Manifest Destiny. Got some bank holiday spending money. Definitely room for another monthly in my life now. Either that or I’ll just wank the money away on DiceMasters

I bought The Infinity Gauntlet recently. It’s a fun read - there’s something charming about this period, where the artwork still looks like it did in the 1960s but the tone and storytelling is way more complex and interesting.

Anyway, I just want to share this brilliant panel, where the unlikely alliance of heroes and villains is just chilling in Doctor Strange’s living room

This is a good read. Interesting stuff about Marvel canon and the lense it gives - usually when you see people complaining about it, it’s because it restricts storytelling or whatever. I’m glad she’s not leaving the medium because of what happened with Mockingbird.

Plus. the synopsis for Man-Eaters is pretty great

Eisner-nominated and New York Times bestselling thriller writer CHELSEA CAIN returns to comics with a new ONGOING SERIES! A mutation in Toxoplasmosis causes menstruating women to turn into ferocious killer wildcats—easily provoked and extremely dangerous. As panic spreads and paranoia takes root, the fate of the world rides on the shoulders of one twelve-year-old girl. Part Cat People, part The Handmaid’s Tale, MAN-EATERS will have everyone talking. From the creative team behind the Eisner-nominated series Mockingbird: writer CHELSEA CAIN, artist KATE NIEMCZYK, colorist RACHELLE ROSENBERG, letterer JOE CARAMAGNA, and joined by LIA MITERNIQUE, KATIE LANE, and STELLA GREENVOSS. This September… the cat wants in.

I read that recently, it’s a strange one. Feels like it’s a lot older than it is

Not a single mention of Batman’s dongleplonker?

I know what you mean. The dialogue and concepts are so florid and weird. Feels like a very transitional work, you can draw clear lines to both 60s stuff aimed square at kids but more recent stuff as well.

Like there’s the bit where Thanos’s girlfriend thing just turns up holding Iron Man’s head like it’s no big deal. But also Thanos sat in an armchair.

:cry:

Apocalypse War and Wilderlands are some of my faves of his, he built so much of the aesthetic and got into CG art early on too.

RIP, he was definitely my favourite 2000AD artist.

absolute legend, pretty much defined 2000AD for me when I was ten or so.

Yessss. I’m going through ASM all the way. Currently on 230 or so

This is peak Roger Stern. The best Vulture story. The best Juggernaut story. Hobgoblin to come.

Roger Stern’s Spidey is as good as it gets for 616 imho, I love that era.

Due to what I can only presume is a pricing error, I’ve managed to score the omnibus of Mark Waid’s 90s run on Captain America for about £30 on Amazon marketplace today. We’ll see if they stand by it or just refund me and apologize; both of those things has happened to me in this situation before.