Comics Thread (Forever)

Agreed!

I even enjoyed his REBELS which is not my thing at all.

Just got some reyt funny looks as I yelped and gasped my way through this week’s WicDiv in Cafe Nero just now. My god I love this comic so much, I can’t believe it’s nearly over, but simultaneously I’m absolutely thrilled that there’s a comic that has run for 5 years and is wrapping up so successfully. There really is nothing else like this out there.

3 Likes

Oh thank god someone else has was it! I read it on my lunch break at work and was in a terrible mood after. Amazing 180 on a character going from dickhead to hero, and seeing the theories be confirmed is so satisfying.

1 Like

Not read it yet but very, very excited!!

2 Likes

This was an easy and enjoyable read.

One genuinely laugh out loud moment where I couldn’t quite believe what I was reading. The art is understated with a nice use of single colour.

anyone read Sabrina (not the witch) by Nick Drnaso? brutal but very pertinent in ‘today’s society’ i’d say

No, but I liked Beverly (although found the art hardgoing at times) so I might pick this up soon.

I had the same feeling for Digger.

Lazarus is back this week and I’m so very glad it is! :kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

What size iPad do you have? I used guided initially but found it much better to view the full page after a while.

1 Like

Yeah it can work well for some things but I find seeing the whole page gives a better impression of the artist’s intention a lot of the time, and I can pinch zoom if I can’t read something

2 Likes

you can turn that on as an option I think!

1 Like

Just bought a load of batman comics in the comixology sale :bat:

1 Like

haven’t tried it, seems like a pretty arbitrary selection of mostly indie stuff? bound to keep you going I suppose

1 Like

Depends entirely on what was provided by the publisher. Think they’re normally pretty good at replacing and updating ones that have problems.

Can’t stand guided view myself, but maybe that’s because the regular old iPad is the exact size of a Yankee comic anyway.

1 Like

Guided view is good for phones, let’s you read stuff on the bus or train. But yeah, can’t imagine it works well on a bigger screen.

The resolution on comixology was actually a lot lower about five/six years ago.

If you have a branch of Travelling Man near you, they’re doing 3 for 2 on Image trades right now. Comics at basically pre-Brexit prices!

https://twitter.com/travellingmanuk/status/1113798323419455488?s=21

1 Like

First arc done and Die continues to be absolutely excellent - definitely one of my favourite current series. I’m tempted by the accompanying RPG, but I don’t have enough friends to RPG with so I’d be getting it purely as a companion piece to the series.

Recently read the Cold Spots trade, was alright, and The Last Siege which I very much enjoyed.

Oh and Lazarus is back with the new quarterly format and by GOD do I love Lazarus.

I just burnt through Die 1 to 5 this week. Good, isn’t it? Also nice to have a monthly with some real quality painted art. emphasized textI didn’t even really mind the Isabelle character being such an obvious fifteen year old nerd’s fantasy girl, but I’m claiming I called it if she ever turns out to be not real or something.