Community facebook groups

my mate just sent me some extracts from his local community facebook group

are you a member of your local community’s group?

15 Likes

No but the local for sale group has been a goldmine for the Terrible things… thread.

No. I don’t even know if there is one!

@plasticniki did the ice cream wars of Forest Hill (?) ever resolve themselves?

2 Likes

I’m on 2

1 just for my Street , pretty quiet

1 for the Hanover area of Brighton (which I live just outside) - it’s handy for the occasional thing (got a bargain dishwasher from it for example) but is notoriously batshit. I’ve shared a couple of things from there already on the terrible things thread. It’s mainly just people asking dull questions that they could easily google though

aye i’ve a vague memory of you posting a giant chewbacca made out of wood or something?

1 Like

Sure am!

4 Likes

That wasn’t local unfortunately.

I’ve had a peep at the community group and it looks like I’m missing out on some serious chat.

Screenshot_20190130-133730__01

8 Likes

if you think that’s dull…

26 Likes

I am indeed. Often a great source of beeve-based amusement and stuff like this

Top comment on the second one “enough is enough lets catch these little shits :rage:

12 Likes

“it’s alan!” has done me

12 Likes

Way too many buy sell swap groups. We just need the one.
The best group is a grime group and some lady has joined and shared the page for their crocheting group :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Yep, one for Catford / Lewisham and another for Penge. They are both pretty bad. The latter has quite a few racist people spouting bollocks which I repeatedly flag and challenge.

1 Like

after nearly 5 years only just found out last week my place of work has a for sale page on the intranet. Can only imagine the bargains I have missed out on

1 Like

I’m in one and it was handy for recommending tradespeople but muted it now as it’s 90% mums looking for ballet/dance/gymnastics classes.

I’m not on community Facebook groups.

2 Likes

Are you a ballet teacher?

send a couple to Mapperley, Nottm. They won’t be short of work.

1 Like

But where can you get the best curry Tim? WHERE?

1 Like

an advert from someone asking for a good solicitor to sort out a lease after the death of their partner

never read my actual hometown one anymore, think it’s mainly just people complaining about other people driving too fast etc.

still read the local labour party + shipley feminist zealots groups