Community facebook groups

5 Likes

*case over

3 Likes

Anyone else’s local group gone full batshit over the fuel shortages?

8 Likes

Yep!!

1 Like

4 Likes

MC Gusto, let us know

So can I sit next to Chad Bicycle and Milton Tesco
And figure out if the world really has run out of petrol
I’m sick of you Community Facebook Groups, at least you’re not Mumsnet, or group stage games which are :toilet:

“Cat for scale”

20 Likes

Someone’s got annoyed at the main group and has started a splinter group with “no rules”

7 Likes

:grinning::grinning::grinning:

So it’s still the original page for the cats and racism

2 Likes

Excellent content so far

8 Likes

Someone is trying to sell £80 of TK Max gift cards for

£80

2 Likes

Chesterton Babble was my favourite Watford player of the 1870s

Maybe the poster grew up in 60s Turkey?

1 Like

My local Nextdoor group constantly has posts asking what to do with an injured bird. What would you do if you found an injured bird in your garden?

• Do nothing. It’s sad but will be another animal’s dinner soon enough.
  • Take it to the local animal sanctuary or vet.

0 voters

I would post about it on Nextdoor and do what they say

4 Likes

Depends on the bird really and the injuries. Injured pigeon or sparrow - let nature take its course. Injured large or uncommon bird - probably call an animal charity or something. Injured pet bird - try to catch it and take it to a vet.

I find myself annoyed by the hypocrisy of people fretting about a pigeon but happy to support factory farming, but I’m not much different myself.

I once tried to save a juvenile sparrow that must have left the nest a bit too early and couldn’t fly. Next door’s cat was on the hunt. I think I read that they can hide for a few days until they fly so I put him in a box in a cold frame and gave him a worm (probably useless). I left him there for the night and was happy to see that he’d survived the night, escaped from the cold frame, and was hopping about the patio.

A few hours later he’d managed to hop around the front of the house, down the path, down some steps, and was hanging around on the pavement. I could do no more and wished him a bon voyage.

In the evening I saw that he’d been run over.

I was actually pretty upset about it all. Still managed to eat chicken that night though.

Ring the RSPB and see what they say.