Community facebook groups

Topic of the moment on our Facebook group is the high street going one way to traffic. The car wankers are not happy (despite there being no space for two lanes of traffic, as has been proven by years of traffic jams). It was funny for a while, then became tedious. It’s back to being funny again now that the council are installing a turning circle taking reinstatement of two-way traffic off the table.

I hope this isn’t a wind up

Edit : ignore it’s made up

I liked the one upthread where someone had asked for after-school sports club recommendations using the poo emoji as a background :smiley:

3 Likes

Oh, I hadn’t seen that. I’ve just gone back. Wow.

It’s all kicking off in a very weird way

1 Like

Great stuff

18 Likes

Do they mean a punt like a boat?

Because thats quite impressive but also a very niche achievement.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Hotel Police infiltrating local Facebook groups, is it

4 Likes

This was on my local Facebook page too - absolutely nowhere near Cambridge

Absolutely done by the use of an emoji sidebar on this one.

Also, pretty certain literally no-one has ever been too ashamed to put up a plaque to commemorate Tom Johnston, probably because no-one has ever proposed that one should be put up anywhere outside of this exact post on a community Facebook group.

5 Likes

“Children playing in snow”

:rage: :rage: :rage:

6 Likes

Somewhere, someone is writing one of those “in my day” facebook posts about how their generation was the last to throw snowballs and Kids These Days are too busy with their smartphones

11 Likes

In my town a kid smashed someone’s pumpkin on Halloween and the first response in the fb group was “Children these days have hatred in their hearts.”

12 Likes

the jokes write themselves

6 Likes

TBH 8 couples and they want 7 or 8 bedrooms? I mean surely you only need 4! Sounds dodgy!!!

My possibly controversial response though is what is the ‘correct’ background for those posts and conversely what is the ‘correct’ post for weird megaphone person? Seems fine to use them to me. Even the smiley poo one is kind of funny. The whole point is to make people notice your post in the feed. Why not, eh?

(Obviously if you’re announcing someone’s death or something then maybe just go vanilla.)

Bwahaha. You knew exactly what you were doing.

A spiteful old sage gave some kids quite the rap on that page

2 Likes

Similarly

9 Likes