• Holland, Netherlands, Dutch
  • Holland, Holland, Hollandaise

0 voters

euro-sex culture

• great
  • good, maybe not as good as germany
  • bad

0 voters

I was in Tilburg when Netherlands played Costa Rica in the 2014 World Cup and like a bit of a precocious dickhead I wore my AC Milan seedorf shirt out to watch the game. People treated me like a son or a best friend

1 Like

:roll_eyes: - here comes the schoon platoon.

1 Like

Speaking foreign languages

• Yes (I was mugged in Amsterdam and the mugger tried three languages on me before using English)
  • Nee

0 voters

really bad with pronunciation in Spanish weirdly. even worse than the germans.

i’m picturing a communal sense of relief when he finally switched to English and the mugging was allowed to continue at it’s normal pace?

1 Like

When I was in Amsterdam they had one called Brand Up which was one of the nicest beers I’ve ever had. Hopefully won’t get laughed at now for liking the Netherlands equivalent of Carling or whatever.

Yeah, pretty much - he was getting more and more aggravated and consequently I was getting more and more nervous until… “oh you just want money, thank god for that I thought you…never mind here’s 25 guilders”

[edit] I was much much less cool than this suggests and promptly left Amsterdam for a few days camping in Utrecht

1 Like

Brand is a brewery in the southern tip of the country. Owned by Heineken, but producing its beers independently

UP or Urtyp Pilsener is a reasonably strong Czech-style pilsner. Most certainly not the equivalent of Carling. Excellent choice, sir.

I’m a big fan of their bock beers: Lentebock in spring and Dubbelbock in autumn.

2 Likes

i reckon it might be the second best beer-producing country in the world, after belgium of course

2 Likes

wouldn’t even make my top 5 m9.

1 Like

How very unsurprising.

2 Likes

How dare you - Australia has some great beers, wash your mouth out with Caslema… oh yeah I see

1 Like

this is probably one of my favourite places i’ve ever been

:yum:

3 Likes
  1. Germany
  2. Czech Republic
  3. Poland
  4. Belgium
  5. Spain
  6. UK
  7. Holland

Someone likes fizzy lagers.