Confessions Thread

Just to add to this, didn’t mean in the sense that I’m very chill and not bothered as opposed to those who aren’t, but more that I’m lucky in that I have not had others come at me or make me feel bad as other users have experienced, and if I did significantly I’d mute all their asses in a heartbeat. Had a few people say unpleasant things in the covid threads and more of that, I would have totally done it. It’s a good option, have blocked the Katie hopkins and tommy Robinson types on Twitter who are popular enough to show on my feed, as well as some anti Muslim Zionists etc, life is too short to see shit you don’t need in it

5 Likes

Another confession, as someone who knows a bit in some languages I read some words in english which is my default, in the other languages I know (barely conversational somali arabic and barely any korean and japanese). Anyway the word confession immediately brings up the japanese word for confession which is also the name of a film that terrified me (kokuhaku). I watch this youtuber sometimes who is british somali learning korean and japanese as part of her combined language degree and it is amazing, she speaks all 4 languages so well, I wish I could do that, but I’m no good at learning languages

no idea

I can’t imagine anyone I properly care about muting me, so it’s fine

1 Like

I really fancy Miley Cyrus

2 Likes

I cut pizzas with scissors before cooking

2 Likes

If a pal sends me a video or song then 90% of the time I won’t watch/listen to it. I can rarely do it there and then, and by the time I am available I’ve forgotten about it. Really not a fan of being sent videos at all.

I find it much harder to enjoy songs that friends recommend to me than if strangers recommend them to me/I hear them on a TV show/etc. I don’t know why. (I’m usually quite good at recommending music to people)

The way that some Kentish men say the phrases “cook dinner” and “food and drink” is absolutely hateful to me. not sure what exactly it is that puts me so on edge but there’s almost a coyness in how they pronounce the ‘k’ and the ‘in’ sounds and it really stresses me out.

5 Likes

I’ve never muted anything.

You do not.

the inbetweeners is funnier than curb your enthusiasm

10 Likes

I agree

1 Like

This could do with being a spin-off thread.

Quite likely down to a lot of bots that were doing the rounds at one point that were overzealous - they’d do some odd blanket blockings based on you having liked something by someone they were blocking or interacting with them or whatever.

1 Like

Muting
what a way to do a skimming…
Oh I’m feeling fine
it’s all takin’ and no givin’

1 Like

Out of interest… How do you mute someone?

Go to your profile :arrow_right: select Preferences :arrow_right: go to Users on the drop down menu :arrow_right: muting and ignore options are there :+1:

1 Like

Thank you kindly.

1 Like

Out of interest… How do you mute someone?

11 Likes

The classics are the best

1 Like

I wish Theo was in the UK

2 Likes

Might stop him crapping all over the great things thread!