Conor Oberst / Bright Eyes (rolling thread)

“John Peel is shit and and so is the festival” is properly fucking funny

10 Likes

Best bit was when he described all the lockdown internet stuff theyd done ‘boring as fuck’

Pretty sure he dabbed at one point too

5 Likes

Wasnt their a bit at Glasto where he said put your MasterCard in one hand and your visa in the other and clap to make poverty history.

Pretty funny too.

5 Likes

The band insta has posted pictures of Lily from Penelope Isles giving Conor a tattoo :smiley::face_with_peeking_eye:

9 Likes

Its actually a good tat as well!

5 Likes

“It’s a little dog”
“it’s a lil ol’ girl dog!”

My copy of Digital Ash arrived for the long weekend, oh yeah!

4 Likes

Companion EPs for IWAIM and Digital Ash out on Friday, almost forgot I’d preordered the records, looking forward to hearing them!

1 Like

Nice to have a version of Ship in the Bottle that doesn’t have that wee one wailing all over it!

1 Like

Not sure I’ve listened to any of these companion EPs before. Getting through the Lifted one now and struggling to see the point, really.

‘Songs you know and love – but worse!’

*Just got round to the IWAIM/Digital Ash ones and tbf for the most part they’re a lot better

2 Likes

Yeah only listened to Lifted and it’s not great, but I’m waiting til my vinyl comes to listen to the others

Has anyone had their Secretly Store preorders yet?

So are these companion EPs online exclusives or something? Tried Spillers and HMV in Cardiff today but shit out of luck in both. They’re not even showing up on the HMV website.

I wonder if there was maybe an issue with the pressing, as my preorders haven’t shown up yet (got the whole set)

Bang into Cleanse Song atm

And if life seems absurd what you need is some laughter
And a season to sleep, and a place to get clean, maybe Los Angeles

3 Likes

…or somewhere no ones expecting.

Yeah really good song that, great lyrics, really like the next detox walk through a Glendale Park verse and also this one:

Like a meeting of chance
With a train station glance
Many lifetimes have passed
In a instant reminded

Of a millstone house in a seaside town
When your heart gave out in a mission bed
So your wife gave birth to a funeral dirge
As you woke up purged as a wailing infant
In Krung Thep, Thailand

3 Likes

The boy has a way with words, that’s for sure

5 Likes

Happy 18th birthday to I’m Wide Awake and Digital Ash!

15 Likes

All grown up, so proud

1 Like

Noticed that they announced a 33 1/3 is coming for IWAIM

4 Likes