Conspiracies

Good morning Social Board.

On the back of the news about Stephen from Deftones being bang into his conspiracy theories (Deftones Guitarist Shares His Conspiracy Theories On Sam Tripoli's Podcast) I am asking YOU to give me examples of when a conspiracy actually turned out to be true/a government cover-up etc

No WMDs in Iraq

Mk Ultra

8 Likes

Imagine if someone had presented you the full scope of what Jimmy Saville had done and the cover-up as a conspiracy theory.

1 Like

Earth being flat

1 Like

Project Fear

1 Like

Mr. Garside having to leave the school because he was selling drugs to sixth-formers.

12 Likes

Conspiracy theory people used to be cute, now they’re dangerous and stupid.

4 Likes

Also his guitar tone is SHITE

2 Likes

Yeah feel like in the mid eighties and nineties it was tin foil hat in a cute x files way and yet now they can be dangerous people with real platforms

10 Likes

don’t forget these people still have families, people who care about them

2 Likes

Bush did 9/11

2 Likes

That’s what the government would have you believe

14 Likes

The many, many instances of collusion in Northern Ireland

6 Likes

Dunno, but a guy insisted on talking to me outside A&E at 2am last night who had some hot leads. Knew what was *really * going on with covid, knew about the secret nation of kawa, what extinction rebellion is a front for and also how the nurses were conspiring to keep from him the fact he’d had a revolutionary surgery procedure.

Very enlightening

5 Likes

There’s a Facebook page that covers some of the poorer areas of north Glasgow - kind of a gossip/vigilante/good deeds organisation. I read it out of morbid fascination and because sometimes they post stuff about the area just north of me.

It’s full on rampant conspiracy theory about COVID. I’d say about 50% genuinely believe that covid is a hoax, vaccines have microchips in them etc etc. The level of rationale on display is frightening, and it’s clear they all get their knowledge off Facebook/each other. I genuinely think they’d believe any conspiracy going, because it’s easier than believing in the truth

4 Likes

Got a fair amount of empathy for conspiracy theorists. Society is rigged, politics is as corrupt as ever with our governments going mask-off with misinformation, and mega-corps have access to all your data.

If you’re not pulling at the threads then you’re kidding yourself. Think how irked we all are at our relatives mindlessly swallowing the lies from the media. Knowing which threads to pull at is really difficult and I can easily see how you wind up going down routes which feel silly to us.

15 Likes

Epstein being murdered.

7 Likes

Imagine coming up with such a ghoulish plot that the UVF thinks it’s a bit much

3 Likes

I thought you liked it on the new one!

1 Like

Came here to post the exact same.
UK government colluding with terrorists to kill UK citizens?
If an oil rich country was doing the same the UN/Nato would be all over that and USA would be trying to topple the government.

3 Likes