Contactless payments

Halifax? I’m sure my baby/childhood savings book had a squirrel mascot and we got squirrel related toys.

interest rate? don’t give a fuck mate I’m six. I want a squirrel.

3 Likes

being a parent requires reasonably frequent check book use - schools are starting to use web based payment more, but clubs and the like frequently still want cheques (that they then annoyingly take months to deposit)

I’ve noticed recently how irked bar staff are when I pay with cash. Same goes for Wasabi, Pret and Eat. Don’t get that rudeness in Greggs or Weatherspoons.

Nope. I rarely use chip and pin and never take cash out.

1 Like

Couple of bars in Manchester have gone card only

Was caught out recently in a tapas bar. Got a friend to pay for it with her card. I gave her the cash which was later used as beer money as she had no cash. It was a win-win situation.

Walked past my local Brewdog yesterday and noticed they have a sign up saying they are now cashless. Not that I need a reason to not go there anyway, obviously.

2 Likes

You need to spend more than £30 every once in a while, mate. Splash out, treat yourself or Mrs thewarn.

I set up Apple Pay because my contactless card stopped working. Thinking about it, it’s probably a good thing. Apple Pay requires fingerprint, whereas anyone could pinch yer card and start buying stuff.

Mine requires my face :joy:

I had to dig out my cheque book a few years back. I think it may have been to write a cheque for cash to pay some builders… I can’t remember. Anyway, the only one I could find was one from Midland bank! But HSBC were fine with it. The woman was all “Bloody hell, not seen one of these in years!”

Until last summer I was only taking out cash for the work canteen. Then they went cashless. Now I never take cash out. I get paid in cash for DJing usually, though. So that cash stays in my pocket for the smaller things from the local shop or the charity shop where there’s a five quid limit on using cards.

I’m terrible with cash in my pocket.

Took £100 when I was at all points east in case anything didn’t take card. Everywhere did so I used card all day and still had the £100. By the End of the week the cash had gone. No idea what I spent it on

2 Likes

My problem with cash in my pocket nowadays is that I forget it’s there. I picked up a pair of jeans I hadn’t worn in months and found £100 in the pocket. Last week I found a tenner in another jeans pocket. I am now trying to remember to take cash out of the pocket and put it on the side table whenever I undress.

Same. I organised a stag do earlier this year and loads of people paid me cash when we arrived. Which I obviously proceeded to piss up the wall.

1 Like
  • cash
  • card

0 voters

In what year will we no longer need signatures :thinking:

We’re already there pretty much.

1 Like

What I’m looking forward to is being able to do age verification on self service checkouts with a card. Or even a phone.