cool story ideas

A bad dictator has decreed that laughter is illegal and punishable by death.

Evil comedians go around trying to make people laugh in order to expose them as humour lovers.

An underground renegade comedy lover has to find a way to make things funny without making people laugh.

Eventually this new anti-comedy style becomes a huge craze and the dictator becomes so paranoid he cannot tell when people are laughing or not and tries to purge everybody which leads to his downfall.

Comedy is once again allowed but people realise they don’t need to laugh as the laughter is already inside of them.

alritgt, Charlie Brookers! !hahahahah

Did he already do that?

good idea this mate, i’d watch it

cool!

Maybe the dictator can be an ex comedian who nobody found funny anymore and went off the deep end

I don’t think Michael McIntyre is up to much at the moment

1 Like

Story about an old lady who bakes cakes that make people feel specific emotions from their childhood.

a futuristic amusement park where dinosaurs are brought to life through advanced cloning techniques.

5 Likes

some kind of super sports battle royale where every sports person in the world is forced to play against each other and only the winner will have a chance to face and defeat an evil alien at the sport of their choosing to save humanity

A spacecraft traveling to a distant colony planet and transporting thousands of people has a malfunction in its sleep chambers. As a result, man and Jennifer Lawrence are awakened 90 years early.

horror film about a guy who collects body parts and sews them to a giant flesh wall in their house and the house hates him and eventually eats him

2 Likes

A group of skateboard punks take down Wall Street.

1 Like

A roadtrip filmed in Britain but all the terminology they use is American. Also all the characters are full sized anime hams

“I think we should stop for a couple of brewski’s”

identical twins with pathological conditions where one can only tell the truth and the other one can only lie, they have some comical adventures and come to learn how to cope with their situation

A bus that can’t slow down.

3 Likes

strange surreal fantasy tale about a group of tiny beings who discover that they are actually living inside of a giant cake that is a lavish delicacy of giant space aristocrats who are slowly eating them.

deliberately boring story about a family who are incredibly normal and dull and nothing happens to them of any interest even though it’s really long. It’s really good though

3 Likes

already exists

1 Like

This is quite similar to an outline for a movie I wrote a while ago. Instead of laughter being illegal people would die if they laughed (because of some kind of virus). By the end of the movie the virus gets stronger and kills people even if they think of laughing or feel slightly happy.

2 Likes