Coolest bank notes

This takes some beating :otter:

10 Likes

Coolest stamps: the 1972 Bhutan ones that are mini records that play the national anthem.

7 Likes

we had the first plastic banknotes back in 2000 in NI. they were fivers and they had a space shuttle on them

they disappeared eventually but not sure when.

8 Likes

These Norwegian ones are pretty badass.

12 Likes

my mum worked there and brought some home to show us when they first came out, was an exciting time

Brazil had animals on their banknotes for a while, that was pretty cool

no visible otters though

6 Likes

Not actually pixellated, sadly

5 Likes

A few good ones here:

don’t like them anymore

1 Like

Not even this lil guy?

1 Like

Actually none of these are real. Where did you find them!? :sweat_smile:

“Right, we’ve narrowed it down to these 3 images of George Best. Which will we go with boss?”
“ALL OF THEM!”
s-l300

6 Likes

:smiley: that would make sense actually, not sure though. i remember they withdrew and replaced all the tenners, twenties etc with a different colour after the robbery but not sure if the fivers were affected.

1 Like

The only interesting ones I have in that drawer everyone has that’s full of old holiday currency and other useless junk are these Tanzanian shillings with giraffes on them :giraffe:

6 Likes

Oh what? They were doing the rounds a few years ago and I’ve always (apparently WRONGLY) held the Norwegians in high esteem ever since.

7 Likes

We did get new notes only a couple of years ago or so, maybe those were in the running or something, idk

rank these three images from george best to george worst

4 Likes

“You think asbestos is bad? You should see asWORSTos.”

• Peter Serafinowicz, the best book I ever bought