Corbyn 2.0

No. People support a salary cap, but not at £1m - they (narrowly) reject it at that point (44% against 39%). Corbyn said when asked by Piers Morgan today that £1m would be too low, but he doesn’t think that say £50m a year is a reasonable figure.

• CorbYN
  • CorbOUT
  • CorbBUTWHOISTHERETOREPLACEHIM

0 voters

But no one’s salary is £50 mill a year. Their income might be but that’s not the same thing. At best he’s talking about addressing taxation on a number of different areas, at worst he doesn’t understand that. As with Trump, it’s unclear what the situation actually is.

You get a lot of this kind of thing at this stage in opposition don’t you? Various principles put out there in vague terms with possible policies floated in vague terms. I wouldn’t expect to see it in a Corbyn led Labour manifesto or even make it through Conference in it’s current form (in fact I’d be very disappointed if it was pushed forward without a lot more work), but I think it’s a good marker for the media on the kind of social justice that Labour stands for.

1 Like

I say we replace him with Tony Blairs son, idgaf how old he is

He’s pro-Wenger too, could be a deal breaker for some of the Islington Elite

1 Like

I think the problem is that it’s exactly the kind of social justice that people think Labour stands for - the wrong answer to an important question.

Doesn’t the fact that you were immediately able to point to a better starting position for a discussion of this issue not frustrate the hell out of you?

I don’t think he actually said it was.

Again, the point here isn’t the detail, it’s the principle. Corbyn said himself a number of times this morning that he wasn’t putting a figure on it and he was simply talking about the level of inequality and one possible remedy that he (personally) is in favour of.

I’m sure Wenger and the rest of Arsenal will be chuffed with a £1 million paid wage cap aye…

A bit more flesh on the wage cap idea:

A lot less radical than it initially sounded. Seems pretty reasonable in fact.

1 Like

No. Because he’s just done it himself. All he seems to have been doing is keeping back his ratio for this afternoon. What frustrates the hell out of me is seeing all these Labour MPs and Peers today trying to make clear they don’t support the idea of any attempt to limit excessive pay.

Dunno why people always bring football into wage arguments, sack the whole useless bunch of cunts off

3 Likes

did a pretty good job of getting the OUTRAGE MACHINE going as well. great going, corbzilla. finally getting on with it!

Fair enough. I spent the day being frustrated that the Leader of my party led with “maximum wage cap”, which is stupid, when in fact he meant ‘pay ratios for government contractors’, which I absolutely support. I also really like the idea of kite marking companies that have progressive wage structures, which he’s suggested. I guess I’ll take positive policies over messaging if I have to : )

Tristram Hunt has resigned, here comes another by-election!

comrade corbyn is finally going to smash the system

1 Like

According to briefing from his team Corbyn wants to learn some lessons from Donald Trump’s electoral success

Well this can only end well

They’ll be fine.

http://www.simplywigs.co.uk/pages/vat-relief-wigs.php

I should have read the link before posting. Obviously they are not sick or anything.

He wants us to have an electoral college system as well?