Corbyn 2.0

Hahaha some of you are STILL defending him. What will it take? He’s useless.

don’t be so hard on Geoff he’s doing his best

3 Likes

Yeah what the fuck do you expect when I get such hostile media etc.

1 Like

And as others have said, the alternative is worse, and no one has proposed a sensible reason, let a lone a solution, to why he was elected leader.

And, more crucially, they don’t trust Jeremy Corbyn because he quite clearly has no clue what he’s doing.

Wrong again Dan

Anti-Immigration mugs for all!

2 Likes

Clearly no one’s going to like this idea but I think we need some high profile MPs to argue this position to visibly counter Labour’s metropolitan bias.

I think the party needs a public debate and a public conclusion on the subject of immigration if Labour’s going to get past it. We’re clearly going to end up with stricter border controls - why not have some MPs call for immigration control and other MPs argue the value of immigration, and then agree on the principle of managed but uncapped immigration, with specific regional emphasis. Both sides could take that as a win and it would be done in a public manner that courted both wings of the party.

With out something like this the by-election campaigns have the potential to get really ugly, and from the sounds of things we’re going to be looking at far more than 2 this year.

guys i think I might finally hate corbyn as much as I hate the rest of the labour party

he’s fucking SHIT

1 Like

High profile people already are arguing for this position.

The same high profile people who are receiving backing and column inches among the metropolitan commentariat for being part of the liberal, moderate wing of the party.

Having people come out and say they don’t want free movement of people is not going to counter any supposed metropolitan bias in the party at all, especially when the people saying it are those wedded to the london media.

But there’s no consistency. It’s vacillation rather than a direction. Jarvis and Burnham should be given a clear function, and then should be paired with MPs making the case from the other side. Labour need to balance this argument, they haven’t got a choice, and we can’t indulge in kick the one’s that make the argument that we don’t like when they’re doing something necessary for the party.

miniature american flags for others.

Gordon Brown said he would (and then said he had) abolish tory boom and bust… he said that a hundred times (literally he said it more than 100 times in speeches)

:smiley:

Will this matter? Will it fuck but here it is anyway:

What’s the point. Jeremy Corbyn should give MP’s a three line whip on Article 50 (as The Guardian reported he is to do yesterday) and MP’s in strongly remain constituencies should defy it. This is the only tangible way around things.

2 Likes

Getting fed up seeing that deliberately misleading Guardian tweet retweeted and quote-tweeted into my time line.

The one where the headline says he’ll definitely apply a three line whip and nothing in the article says that?

Still, he is about the only politician that looks like he does listen to others so maybe this will help to make sure a free vote is the stance he takes?

Tricky that he is in a strongly remain constituency himself, though.

Yup.

The author of the piece was trying to defend it last night, and not doing a very good job.

Hilariously, she retweeted a few people thinking it was praise for her standards, when it really wasn’t.

1 Like

I thought his team briefed that there would be a three line whip off the back of his interview on sky yesterday, and then rowed back. Is that not the case? If the media are deliberately muddying the position then that is bad but if his team have again sent mix messages then we’re back to them giving the media opportunities to deliberately misinterpret.