Cornwall

I’m going to Cornwall tomorrow for a couple of days. Any recommendations? I like food, culture and wanky beer.

I’ll be based in St. Ives so obviously have the Barbara Hepworth Museum and the Tate down as things to do. Will also definitely head to Padstow and Falmouth too. Anywhere else? Anything else?

Going in a few weeks, so relevant to my interests, thanks Kampy. For beers, Hand in Falmouth and obv the Verdant tappy/fish bar.

1 Like

See if there’s anything on at the Minack Theatre. It’s a real treat to watch the sun go down behind a play.

5 Likes

Just to save you the crushing disappointment, there isn’t a wall made of corn.

1 Like

:+1: Worth a visit even if there isn’t a show on tbh tbf…

2 Likes

make sure to pay your respects at chalky’s grave

The Lost Gardens of Heligan, definitely. There’s a combo ticket with the Eden Project, if you end up going that way too.

St Austell Brewery’s in that area. That’s a good one.

1 Like

Coastal walk is well sign posted and beautiful.

The museum of witchcraft natch

5 Likes

Most pubs have shit beer tbh :man_shrugging:

Saw a play at Trebah amphitheatre as well which was really nice. Not as spectacular a setting as Minack, but lovely gardens and play feels quite intimate (one of the actors took my chocolate though :sob:). Worth seeing if anything is on - think the one I saw saw a Miracle Theatre production.

1 Like

Biased towards Sennen as it’s where my grandmother was from, but it’s lovely. Porthgwarra is great for swimming - nice and sheltered and regularly encounter seals. Mousehole obviously is great, but parking can be tricky.

This is the best museum in the U.K. so I’d visit here 4 sure.

Stop in Devon on the way there and the way back.

Had one of the best restaurant meals and drinks I’ve ever had at 2 Fore Street in Mousehole. Better to eat inside there, but it’s very airy, and you can see the harbour area.

1 Like

Oooh, never heard of this - looks good!

1 Like

Really want to go to Cornwall now ffs.

2 Likes

Tbh I think it could be better to go and not see a play. When I went the production was a bit rubs but the view was amazing and only distracted me from the action more.

1 Like

If you’re into lobsters you could go to The National Lobster Hatchery in the car park in Padstow.

Find a nice beach and get loads of beers and a bbq. Also find a beach with a pub on it too cause imho that’s a lovely thing.

Hand in Falmouth, does take out as well. There’s also a reasonable bottle shop, possibly called the bottle bank. Fish and chips in here are the best I’ve ever had

http://www.harbourlights.co.uk/

If you have time, Fowey is beautiful, and is Looe. Avoid St Austell, you can get most of their range in the supermarkets now.

I much prefer the North Coast, over Bude way, but you’ll have a great time. Disposable BBQs and tins on the beach

1 Like