Cos Brentdan Is Anywhere: The Weekly Football Thread

Stoke are so depressingly cack he could be on zero goals and still break the record tomorrow.

1 Like

What an incredibly touching, and tragic, story.

I’ve always liked him, not just for his work on Sky, but because he was one of the presenters on Blue Peter when I was growing up. Pretty hard to comprehend something like that happening to you, but to be able to write about it with such a level of perceptiveness and honesty is really something. Poor guy.

2 Likes

I think I’ve heard that yeah

Lehmann drew some press attention for playing with earrings on, which he would cover with white sticking plasters during matches

Yep. What his son said about what he’d do a weekends totally did me. My cousin passed away at 30 from a brain tumour and left behind a son, emotions came flooding back.

King tipper

3 Likes

Glad the TV made me go out for tacos and margaritas now

2 Likes

this response from petit in his reddit ama has done me

9 Likes

3 Likes

7 Likes

Hero of posting

2 Likes

Please please please Cardiff lose their wigs now

2 Likes

Anyone check on @Aggpass ?

Not this. Can see it happening though. City should beat Hull and Reading, but… Fulham have Birmingham in their final match, which they should win fairly easily.

Never in doubt. I’m in Buxton with the plastics and japes and svenrokk and tilly

3 Likes

Thinking more about it, got a horrible feeling the Champions League final is going to be a kind of reverse Istanbul. Liverpool blitz to a three-nil lead, tire, and Ronaldo/Ramos get it back. Guaranteed a corner goal

Might put money on it

:nauseated_face:

Reckon Arsene will put out a decent but not necessarily first xi team tomorrow. Ozil, Ramsey and Wilshere rested probably. I’ve got a fiver on Giroud to score at any time