Cos Brentdan Is Anywhere: The Weekly Football Thread

so just to be clear, in the most beautiful attacking team of all time featuring the greatest player in the history of the sport, your favourite person was a defender? :grinning:

You obviously never saw Colin Hendry

3 Likes

I wish I had something more constructive to add but needless to say I’m too busy fighting these dirty orange bastards to chip in.

3 Likes

Decent post, think the general conduct is ok and everyone’s a good lad but do find the tone (not Ant!!) a bit offputting sometimes.
Bit too much one-upmanship, complaining about stuff and lazy, like-baiting bants can drown out the interesting stuff and give off the impression that nobody on here actually likes football when it’s obv not the case.
Probably just me being over sensitive, don’t have much to say anyway and rarely get to games anymore

Hendry + Berg #oof

:smiley:

I’m causing a scene outside a chapel in preparation

1 Like

I have been reading the football threads, as well as some others on here, for nigh on ten years. It does feel a bit ‘boys club’ at times but most of the conversation is a cut above other corners of the Web.

The bants can get a bit dull, but on the whole I don’t think you should be beating yourselves up for a few reactionary trolls, these are top threads.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Oldfirmfacts1/status/989285341667446785

The concacaf CL final was actually pretty decent. Toronto gave a decent account of themselves and were unlucky to lose on pens. It’ll be interesting to see if any MLS teams devote as much effort to it next year.

Just came to post this, just finished watching a tape-delay. TFC are my “other” team if such a thing exists. CraZy couple of years for them, after a solid decade of being total dogshit.

1 Like

As someone points out in the comments, Gerrard is a sensible pick for Rangers manager, because he was the last man to stop Brendan Rodgers winning the league

12 Likes

Very good :grinning:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/elko_b/status/989426810378248192?s=21

YES! The perfect man to reignite the Wengerball of old!

11 Likes

I am put off contributing to the football threads as fellow Palace fan, season ticket holder and not a Johnny come lately like myself @ynot usually says it more succinctly than me.

Major anti doing operation underway in Portugal, targeting Benfica, Sporting and Porto. Taking urine and blood samples and testing for EPO.

Generally OK with footy threads, although there can be a certain heirarchy on here of those whose views cannot be challenged.

I like the footie threads, usually some gem of a comment by someone who knows better than I do. Zone-out scrolling past top four bants and CBA reading during a match though.

You should post more and help make it more dynamic.

I don’t post as much as I’d like as I get fed up with the dominance of the Manchester posting.

1 Like

Should be worldwide

I reckon the World Cup would be being played using non league players if it was

2 Likes

sly old Louis!