Could a robot do your job?

If so, what sort of robot would it be?

Would it have a robot head?

Would it talk. If so, what fictional robot would it sound like?

Would it also kill people as a sideline?

yes to all of them

1 Like

Think this guy has me covered, but on the downside a) he’s fictional and b) I’m assuming he can destroy office chairs, but I’ve seen no evidence.

1 Like

yes a robot could do my job, i believe it would be an algorithm however.

other jobs what you could automate: many creative ones imo

Nah.

People have been saying for at least five years that legal professionals are all going to be replaced by AI but the stuff I do isn’t as boilerplate-heavy as e.g. standard agreements.

You could probably get 90% of the way towards getting an AI to draft US patent applications, but their system is a baffling anomaly that doesn’t concern itself with such trivia as “but what is the invention, actually?”

T-1000 could do any job comfortably I would imagine.

1 Like

no u

they’d have to be pretty intelligenct

2 Likes

This always makes me laugh. On the basis of the AI that I’ve seen your job is replaceable by an AI algorithm if and only if your job could also be done by a drunk puppy.

2 Likes

A roomba could do it.

1 Like

That Honda Asimo robot that fell off the stage. That could do my job

5 Likes

Would probably prefer it if a robot did my job tbh.

post/username interface

10 Likes

Easily once all the other incoherent and fallible humans in the industry have also been replaced

don’t think so

A paperweight could do my job atm tbf.

I think a Marckee mark 2 or Theo 100 would easily be able to do my job, @discobot maybe over qualified :wink:

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Hm. Probably not directly, but lots of big firms are outsourcing technical drawings to CAD farms in the far-east, which leaves the remnants an oversight role for fully qualified architects in Europe.

Technical drawings are increasingly a collage of manufacturer-prepared details, necessary to maintain their warranties, so I can kind of see that becoming automated.

A big part of my job is coordination and quality assurance (both internal and external), and I I think a lot of the external elements, especially those taking place on building sites, will become automated or shifted to off-site prefabrication. This would reduce the role of the architect.

imagine if the t1000 worked in costa and for a laugh it puts liquid metal in your coffee and you drink then for a laugh it makes itself solid in yr nips so you’re walking around with giant nips all day :hushed:

7 Likes