Covers that are better than the original

I couldn’t find a thread in the archive about this, but post cover versions that are superior to the original. No Jeff Buckley or Johnny Cash allowed, please

Obviously the John Grant version is also amazing, but Sinead O’Connor is one of the best vocalists and songwriters in history. In my opinion she completely elevates Queen of Denmark

1 Like

Blood Brothers taking a Queen song and somehow making it good

1 Like
11 Likes

Hard disagree

13 Likes

Also this is the best version of Monkey Man (don’t watch if you have epilepsy/sensitive to flashing lights)

2 Likes

But I respect your opinion

1 Like

I love the Pumpkins’ cover of Landslide so much, to me it’s so much better than the original. Think it’s one of the most beautiful things ever recorded - the guitar sound, Billy’s voice, the solo, it’s all perfect. There’s so much pain and sadness in there.

2 Likes

Obvious better than the original ones

3 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

This is called a remix but it is definitely just a cover

1 Like

Such is the rich tapestry of life

1 Like

Pcbe

2 Likes

Also good (but not better than the original imo)

1 Like

On the opposite end of the beauty spectrum, the Pumpkins’ unrecognizable live cover of Once in a Lifetime they did during the Machina tour. Generally I can’t stand The Talking Heads and have always intensely hated this song, but this is incredible. I love the sheer brutality of it once the screaming starts. Was lucky enough to see this live twice in 2000, wish I could experience that again.

1 Like

HDBIRYO :slight_smile:

1 Like

The audacity and genius of covering a song like that and just leaving out the chorus. Amazing.

4 Likes
11 Likes
1 Like

This, but only just

1 Like