COVID 19 Vaccine thread.

Liking cause she got hers not that she’s not been good all day - hope she gets well soon

3 Likes

Would be kind of nice if the people who got side-effects got them because their body is getting super-immune compared to everyone else, but it probably doesn’t work like that does it.

1 Like

2 Likes

If anything I think it may be the opposite - My mum said she didn’t have any side effects whatsoever, so it could be that people who’ve had some kind of exposure to it already aren’t having side effects and those who have effectively shielded who are

(evidence based on a sample size of two)

1 Like

Before I get told off by the grown-ups I would like to make clear I was 100% joking, and know dick all about how bodies get immune from stuff.

2 Likes

Got a very exciting text from my GP this afternoon telling me to call up and book an appointment for the jab. Thought it was a bit odd - I’m 37, no health issues to speak of. Called them up and turned out I’d been somehow marked down as a carer, even though I’m not. The ‘carer’ box has been unticked and I’ll have to wait my turn like everyone else, but when the text arrived it did feel a bit like getting a golden ticket.

That’s pretty noble of you. To be honest the rate they’re working through people now I wouldn’t begrudge anyone taking advantage of an admin error. It’ll make no difference to anyone in the long run.

2 Likes

I don’t have any fever or fatigue today, but I definitely feel something is percolating with my immune system. I’m also a bit spaced out, and tbh it’s actually somewhat pleasant. This could be psychosomatic.
Oh, and my arm hurts like a bastard. Much more than any flu vaccine I’ve had.

Nope, sorry!

1 Like

Fwiw, Mum reacted fairly badly for 48 hrs and was in hospital in Dec. (Sample size of 1)

In terms of side effects, from what I understand the general trends are:

• the first shot is really bad if you’ve already had COVID
  • the second shot is worse in younger people

Don’t think the severity of the reaction has anything to do with how well you’re protected.

Leeds is smashing it :+1: :pray: :muscle:

11 Likes

My inlaws got their jabs by putting their details into here and it accepting them. FIL is in the currently being vaccinated vulnerable group, but MIL isn’t, so it seems like there is availability in their area and will jointly book couples if feasible. So if you, or someone you know, thinks you’re now eligible (or nearly eligible), then worth putting your details in and checking:

3 Likes

The thread has really shown how rapidly the rollout is going now - its really making me feel optimistic

1 Like

yeah definitely, I sent the link to my Mum (60, no pre-existing conditions, not a key worker any more) and she’s now booked in for next week.

1 Like

I checked if there was anything you need to take when you go for a vaccination and it said you need a booking number if you are being vaccinated at a centre? I wasn’t given one. :grimacing:

From NHS website: “your booking reference numbers if your appointment is at a vaccination centre”

I just really hope the 12 week gap doesn’t bite us in the arse but I suppose we’re getting close to knowing the answer for that as the 12 week follow up started at our place Tuesday (pfizer)

Bring ID and tell them you didn’t get given one - it’ll just be needed for admin efficiency purposes.

1 Like

Do you ever get spotted on the street by Countdown fans? Might be time to play the “Do you know who I am?” card!

2 Likes

Thanks for that!

Sent the link to my dad.