Craft, Tat and Chat Thread

We’re so similar it’s no wonder you confused us

3 Likes

I might be remembering incorrectly, but I think @anon26275971 was doing some sort of woodworking? Might have been making a table.

1 Like

Here’s some jewellery I made a few years back when I had more energy to do things rather than just sitting on DiS. Bit too girly for me so I don’t wear any of it.

7 Likes

Currently planning many things but not really having the appropriate time/place to work on them.
-going to make some big paper decorations to put up for R’s birthday.
-also need to make him a birthday card (fire engine design, most likely).
-have a box frame I want to use for my new collection of RSPB badges, I bought some lovely paper from Paperchase last week which I am going to use to make a background of simple tree branches for them to sit on.
-had to quit my silversmithing class for the time being, and because that removes my access to some things I don’t have at home, I can’t do masses here. Mostly I can’t anneal metal to make it workable, so it rules out working with copper/brass/silver, but I do have some cool coloured aluminium sheets I can still use to make some things.

I wish I had more time/energy to do more.

1 Like

I’m really excited to see what you do for R’s birthday :smiley: and the cake!!

1 Like

Looks like you’ve taken your own leg off here.

Was this before the Saw film franchise began?

Edit: I actually don’t know if you’ve got a false leg or not…

1 Like

insensitive bastard.

Some hangover paranoia crept in there for a sec. Genuinely feel quite bad for ol’ hop-along.

2 Likes

Now that’s a fucking jacket :+1:

2 Likes

I have another project to do at some point, I had about 30 bits of obsolete sporting clothing from various clubs I’ve belonged to. Will never wear most of it again but it’s a bit of history so I cut all the embroidered club crests out and binned the rest freeing up a whole cupboard of space. Plan to get a big white frame with custom mounts and have a a wall hanging to display them all as a nice piece of nostalgia.

4 Likes

That’s gorgeous

1 Like

Made a skirt out of this fabric (don’t have a pic of the finished item)

Now got these fabrics, going to make the same pattern but with a lining to stop them sticking to my tights. Have started the flamingo one first

4 Likes

What half have you made? By which I mean, what have you done so far/what still needs doing… if you want to share :slight_smile:

That top fabric is exactly my kind of thing. And I love the flamingos too.

That first fabric :heart_eyes:

Are you calling @xylo a spoon?

It’s a shame Router and Power Woodworking got swallowed up by the big boys

1 Like

Quite fancy drying some flowers

3 Likes

:heart_eyes: Is that all pressed flowers? I thought it was a painting.

1 Like