Crazes

These things were terrifying

The original run of Tazos are the only thing I have ever collected to completion I think

2 Likes

Somewhere I’ve got a very old little figurine in an Argyle kit with a big nut for a head and it says ‘Plymouth Argyle Nut’ on it, might try and dig it out this afternoon, thanks for reminding me.

2 Likes

Anyone remember ‘Monster In My Pocket’ (behave!)?
Those and M.U.S.C.L.E figures were a bit of a craze round these parts.

3 Likes

Yeah I had some mimp, looking bad it’s fair to concede that my parents were correct in deciding that out of all the toy tat, they were a particularly shite waste of money.

1 Like

OH OH OH
Habbo hotel
I went on there again a few years ago and someone asked my age and I said “25!” and they were like “no you’re not, you’re lying about your age, no 25 year old would be sad enough to spend their evening on here” and I had to be like “heh yeah you got me, I’m actually… 17” but then I felt weird and had to log out and reevaluate some stuff. Lying about being older is one thing, but younger? Jeez.

5 Likes

I remember one of the Sunday papers did a coupon to get a free one from Woolies.
My Da got all the newspapers off everyone we knew and got loads of them for free.
Fucking excellent Dad-ing there tbf

There was a cartoon and videogame around the time too and that drove the craze a bit.
Seem like the kind of thing that could have made a comeback tbh but these days they’d probably do the game and toys like Sky landers or some fuckin thing.

1 Like

“I’m actually still an active part of the competitive Beyblade community”

Might be something someone said last year I guess

1 Like

popper trackie bottoms

3 Likes

Seems to me that the new craze these days should be good manners

2 Likes

The k Swiss trainers where you could slide the stripes up and down

Don’t know those but what on earth was kickers boat shoes all about?

You could slide the stripes up and down. Very stupid shoes imo

1 Like

I’d like to see a tick tock dance video where they offer an older person their seat for a change!

2 Likes

Slap bands
Push pops
Silly putty
Trolls
Shag bands

2 Likes

Garbage Pail Kids

1 Like

Yeah, I agree with this. It’s like “hey, teens, you’re spending so much time on this YouTube that it’s making YouRude!”

1 Like
  • I happy slapped
  • I was happy slapped
  • I witnessed a happy slapping
  • I had nothing to do with the happy slapping craze

0 voters

Played loads of Magic

Sold it all towards the end of the tenth edition for enough to buy a car. Which was nice.

With yo-yos I used to have a little card with different tricks on it and on Saturdays you could go to Route One (the skate shop) and show off to the staff member there that you could do the trick and then they would stamp your card.

Imagine being the skate shop Saturday staff member.

1 Like