Creating a youtube music review channel?

Althony Rightano

2 Likes

Why not do it on Mixcloud as a radio show?

Doesn’t have to be live, can record your talkie bits in chunks then put them together later with the music. Post a link on here when you’ve uploaded one.

That’s disappointing if that’s the case, as I thought what I’d seen in his videos was pretty clearly anti-that sort of thing.

Yeah, there was a thread on here not long ago with a link to a Reddit thread that had a link to a Sargon of thingy video with him in it.

An even odder guy than I realised:

1 Like

Jesus, I thought he was annoying but didn’t realise what an utter prick he is. Don’t think I’ll be subscribing to the Needle Drop anymore.

Oh wow. Genuinely used to enjoy his reviews too :frowning:

Only got as far as the bit about him and Sam Hyde. Absolutely horrific. The way the writer described Fantano’s giggling response reminded me of Stewart Lee talking about Richard Hammond/Jeremy Clarkson (but these guys are, somehow, even worse).

i don’t mind some of his actual reviews but i have to skip past the first minute or so of any of his videos to get past the annoying unfunny shite and he’s always struck me as a massive ballbag tbf (see upthread).

sometimes i click on his videos just to have a quick look at the score in the description and then close them again.

I always thought the annoying shit was just YouTube-cool stuff that I didn’t get. Probably a bit more sinister than that.

1 Like

don’t know why anyone ever listened to that needledrop bro. one of the biggest posers on the internet who literally just reads shit off of wikipedia

1 Like

i like how he very carefully shows off different records from his collection in the background of every video

3 Likes

As obvious as that is…I would probably do that.

Even though I knew he’d interviewed some dodgy people, I’d assumed he was basically quite reasonable, if slightly accommodating of these people with dodge opinions. To be fair, I’ve not seen the vids mentioned in that video, but - yeah - it sounds bad.

Seems like best case scenario is “clueless irony that is only irony bc one says it is and only really works to reinforce the thing you’re vaguely satirising slash pretending to satirise” which is pretty shitty

1 Like

Almost certain this is meme for meme’s sake as opposed to a window into his beliefs. But that doesn’t excuse it.

2 Likes

Fantano is the scum of the earth. That was probably already stated itt though, hopefully.

1 Like

not a fan of video reviews personally cos i read reviews at work and it’s usually harder to pull of watching a video.

1 Like

What a delightful chap.

Any time I watch a review of his I’ve seen he gets too tied down with the genre or sub-genre of whatever he’s reviewing.
As for that ‘other channel’, it’s one of many that centre around ‘triggering SJWs/snowflakes’, which guarantee you bucket loads of views and subscribers. It’s the gravy train of YouTube. That article’s confirmed my pre-existing dislike of him really.

Yeah, it’s a really disparaging trend in Youtubers to make videos about ‘Triggered Clinton Supporting FEMINIST gets BTFO’ and such like for views. It’s definitely rubbing off on kids who watch that sort of thing, as well as they see feminists as a joke :confused:

oh that MillionDollarExtreme he’s mates with, their twitter is appalling.

bunch of cunts

1 Like