Creativity in the time of Corona

BIG TALK

You’re lucky we’re in lockdown or I would be round yours snapping those mother fucking twiglets!

I did start trying to work out how to make a split screen music video the other night. I spent about an hour reading stuff online and when I realised I couldn’t complete the project in 25 minutes I gave up.

Ah yes this is also a problem for me

1 Like

I need to leave this thread now

the word “furlough” made me think of the high seas and so long story short I have downloaded and am playing the Curse of Monkey Island

1 Like

Children are like organic video games

1 Like

i hate to say it but i cant imagine my unborn child bringing me as much joy as climbing to the top of the pier and blasting cops with a sniper rifle in GTAV. happy for them to prove me wrong, mind you

6 Likes

Normally, I make clothes every weekend. I cut something out mid week then saturday morning, I sew it up and it’s fun and relaxing and then i get something new to wear out that night/to something the week after.

NOW I CANNOT BE ARSED. I sit at an uncomfortable chair to work indoors all week and then the weekend comes, and my brain feels like mush. i can’t even read the instructions??
I’m going to try to combat this though as i have a pattern for loungewear and some nice rainbow fabric to use so i should be able to do something.

1 Like

I was making quite a lot of music before this all blew up (not really finishing much but that’s by the by). Constant low level anxiety has made it difficult for me to focus recently though. Hopefully as this becomes the new normal for a while I’ll be able to get things moving again

also I’m told many times about how I used to do the Sonic idle animation all the time when bored or waiting for something as a child so this theory scans

1 Like

I was writing every day before this, and starting to do more music stuff again. Hopefully by the end of this month I’m back into the habit of it, but the change to every routine has thrown me off completely. When I’m not “attempting to do work” I’m just wanting to lie on a sofa as a puddle of mush.

2 Likes

as creative = not especially creative.

I’m more a creativity parasite. go on then creatives, make some stuff to amuse me.

actually really like how creative I’ve been with my niche Deus Ex memes over the last coupla weeks

2 Likes

2 Likes

breaking out the niche Black Country, New Road meme-ing now

5 Likes

not that much but still more, partly cos i can do a bit before starting work before my brain gets all fuggy
also don’t usually spend entire weekends indoors

I worked out a guitar solo. Have been thinking as soon as I have the means to plug a guitar into my laptop I’ll suddenly become really creative (If you can call music made with guitars creative).

I don’t understand The Cloud settings enough to take nudes nowadays, I’m afraid. I’m afraid.

Nothing, just sitting around watching Taskmaster, Room 101, then HIGNFY and grinding my teeth through all the fucking adverts which are the same (don’t know how many times I’ve seen the Jon Richardson one now, but I know I don’t want to see that series, EVER.) Need something to do. Why, why WHY did I pack all my warhammer away and give it to mum and dad for storage? I would honestly paint all those models I’ve been putting off doing now.

1 Like