• I know some of it but have to double check
  • Why would I remember that??

0 voters

Passport number

• I know mine off the top of my head

0 voters

Used to know my debit card number easily but they sent me a new one recently so now I don’t.

I knew I think my last 3 quite easily, but this new one took ages to settle in for some reason. Less pleasing number combos I think

1 Like

Everyone knows their NI number off the top of their head, imho. Don’t trust anyone who says otherwise.

have to use my card number at least 20 times more often than my NI

Exp 08/27

8 Likes

oh just got mine right on first guess, colour me trustworthy

Don’t forget the CVV and your postcode.

Hard enough to remember the 3 digit security code

4 Likes

Often forget which house number I live at

2 Likes

Card number autofills now. Used to know it back in the literal stone age when you had to type it out every time

1 Like

3 digit security code on the back of the card

• Yes I make way too many impulsive internet purchases too

0 voters

KW17 2LN

3 Likes

Knew my old card number. It was easy because the last 5 digits were the same and the first 8 have been the same since forever.

Got a new card a few weeks ago and haven’t used it online yet - just keep using the old number until it stops working.

Yep Reaction GIF by C H A R L Ö T T E

8 Likes

I’m fairly sure that HSBC keep the same debit card number when they give you a new one, which is why mine is conscripted to memory

I can always remember mine has 69 in it somewhere

3 Likes

I used to have to ask people their National Insurance number as a security question when they rang up about their savings account. Used to get some very indignant “how am I supposed to know that?” responses from people even though lots of other people had it to hand or remembered it.

I learned mine off purely to piss off the people who would reply with “No one knows that, do you remember yours??” (Not that I’d give it out to them obviously but I wanted to confidently and truthfully reply with a condescending “Yes.”)

I’m a bit rusty on it now though. Completely blanked on it when I had to fill it in in a job interview a few years ago, was desperately searching through my phone for ages to try and find a reminder.

1 Like