🦗 Aus vs Eng, 2nd Ashes test, Adelaide 🦗

First day night Ashes test, it’s probably a good thing to have something to distract from the other goings on. Quicker deck probably plays into the aussies hands more than England’s, but then any pitch type would - the only bowling area we have the upper hand in at the moment is swing. Maybe green/seaming pitch conditions. At least it’s more likely to produce a result, a dead pitch would be nightmare for the England bowlers against Smith and Warner.

Funny how close the first test was for quite a long time, but then ended up an all too predictable ten wicket win.

Two quick pitches in a row could lead to 3-0 by the time the MCG comes around, given England’s ability to play the short ball. Let’s hope the aussies get carried away.

Aus by 8 wickets or 175 runs.

2 Likes

Jake Ball needs the game time to improve his average.

Think our only hope in this entire series is that we get new balls in both innings with a bit of lights induced movement and The Aussies have to bad days in one and get skittled for something around 40, so that we can get that in extras, given controversially for excessive bouncers.

Mo won’t be bowling apparently.

Let me into Craig Window-oh-ho-hoooo

Let’s all just hope we can get Steve Smith out at twilight.

I still don’t hold a tremendous amount of stock in their batting - Smith is obviously a massive factor, more so with deader conditions, and a Warner ton can have you in serious trouble at lun - after the first session. But outside of that, they’re at the very least unproven. I think the key is limiting Warner and Smith to one decent or better innings between them in the match, and then deal with everyone else. Hopefully that’ll be the draw of this series - serious falabilities for both teams providing overall decent competition.

Remember Du Plessis declaring on the first day to get the aussies in with the dusk?!

Glad we’ve given Overton the nod. Not impressed by Ball.

Not only that, he deliberately declared when Warner was off the field receiving treatment so he couldn’t open the innings. Genius-level bastardry.

1 Like

Really like Ponting now he’s retired. Hated him as a player. Couldn’t seperate his quality from his personality. Bit like Gary Neville.

3 Likes

Enjoying listening to Boycott slating Warner for stuffing his partner on the run out…

I thought Australia was supposed to be a land of eternal blazing sun? Looks like an overcast February day in Great Yarmouth out there

I’m the only one up right? Right. I’ll carry on talking to myself for a bit.

I’m still watching, but feeling my age at this point!

Always a pleasure to see Warmer make a mess of things. Still no idea what the thinking was around putting the Aussies in to bat though.

Adelaide weather doesn’t look great as you say. Was there in mid December when I was younger and it was relentlessly hot so not sure this is typical.

1 Like

Oh dear, that was a lot like me attempting a catch which isn’t really what you want from a professional sportser.

Wake up. Check score. Mutter something about impending whitewash. Go to back to bed. Repeat.

2 Likes

I put it on just after the second wicket had gone and England had a few tight overs, Smith looking a bit shakey, then normal service gradually resumed (and Woakes went for about 15 off one over)

You guys should try supporting NZ. Sun is shining, our change seamer got 3rd best bowling figures in our history, our number eight made the second fastest century, hometown boy is 57* on debut and we lead by 300. It’s great.

Hopefully dusk will lead to an Aussie batting collapse.

Khawaja out to the second ball under lights, you say?

Except for the getting out part.

1 Like