šŸ¦— Aus vs Eng - First Ashes Test - 23-27 November - Gabba, Brisbane šŸ¦— with last minute sponsorship from Stuart Binny and co

Iā€™m investigating ruff-dawg, I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll go through with it.

1 Like

At least thereā€™s no bloody Ballance in the first test. England look they need a bit of help from the pitch or conditions - Woakes is the quickest out of that lot? Australian batting line up doesnā€™t exactly have you quaking in your boots though - obvs Smith and Warner (if he plays) can pile em on, and I like Khawaja, but the rest are probably on a par with our lot?

Really hope Bairstow can have a good series, if he could be what Prior was a bunch of times, itā€™d be such a great boon. Knock a hopefully tiring bowling attack around a bit. Got to bat plenty of time before that though, get that Kookaburra ball dead with minimal wickets lost. Hoping Stonemanā€™s aussie experience comes through.

Fair enough man. I appreciate not everyone has the same appetite/tolerance for eye-wateringly bad puns.

1 Like

This is quite a good read -

The Analyst with Simons Hughes and Mann can be quite a decent listen.

ā€œscore runsā€

1 Like

Rugby is horribly predictable come at me

A big team gets an unimpressive win against a minnow and itā€™s considered a massive shock.

Im feeling a thread in this

1 Like

ā€œtake wicketsā€

Iā€™ve taken the next two days off so I can watch us get annihilated and fuck up my sleeping pattern simultaneously. Got the days off for the Perth test too. Really need to evaluate my life choices.

Good move - was just thinking I wish Iā€™d booked tomorrow off.
Iā€™m focused on staying awake to watch the first hour.

Fixed!

1 Like

Canā€™t believe youā€™ve butchered my thread title without even asking me :triumph:

Actually that was poor form, sorry. (I can change it back?)

Nah itā€™s alright man.

Iā€™m just clutching at straws for a way to will England to victory. Can someone like GazBaz do a Trott and mark middle and off for six hours at a time?

Iā€™m remaining cautiously optimistic but I think thatā€™ll change by the time I head to bed at 1am. Really hope Stoneman opens well.

My dad was looking forward to getting home from the footie and watching the first session, until I mentioned it was on BT Sport.

At least Iā€™ve got my dodgy-box for tonight and tomorrow. Not sure what Iā€™m going to do at the weekend when Iā€™m at work though

Do you know anybody with BT Sport that you could borrow log on deets for the app? Thatā€™s what I do.

Iā€™ve seen Cameron Bancroft play for Gloucestershire a bit. He had some decent knocks, but nothing to make me think he was going to be a future Ashes opening batsman. So expect him to be closing in on a triple century this time tomorrow

Yes, yes I do. Good thinking!