šŸ¦— India vs England - Second Test šŸ¦—

Aye thatā€™s not too bad odds for the end of the second day. Could pretty much go anywhere. Whatā€™s the pitch expected to do?

Iā€™d imagine itā€™s expected to fall apart and turn, which is why India are such heavy favourites, but still seems long enough to be worth a punt. If India had put on another 60 or 70 it would have put an England win out of the question, and weā€™ll need a first innings lead to have a sniff. Fuck it, Ā£5 staked #kingtipper.

@The_Excession you can come tell me how much of an idiot I am now

My mate once at Trent Bridge got properly rat arsed in the morning session, went to get me and him a couple of beers in the lunch break and stuck a 100 sniff bet on the next wicket being LBW at 3/1. This is when Swanny was getting wickets in the last over before lunch and the first after. Only bloody came in didnā€™t it! Iā€™ve never seen a happier and simultaneously more relieved man in my life.

Iā€™ve got a mate who drunkenly (obviously) put Ā£20 on Joleon Lescott to score Englandā€™s first goal at Euro 2012 at 66/1, the jammy prick

1 Like

The thought of putting a bet on Joleon Lescott has done me.

Cash out.

:frowning:

1 Like

I donā€™t think England are likely to win this test match

What was Root thinking there?

I could have told you that when we lost the toss yesterday.

1 Like

:fearful:

Didnā€™t see this until now, but Iā€™m happy to step in still if needed.

(was probably worth a shot at 12/1, didnā€™t think theyā€™d bat THIS badly)

Our pair of rangas are going to dig us out of this mess

Ansari and Rashid to come, 152 runs to avoid follow onā€¦

OR is this a masterful ploy to get England to bowl last, skittling India out for 140 to win by 17 runs?!?!?!

(Spoiler - no)

Assuming this oneā€™s over, for the next test

• same team
  • Woakes in for Broad
  • Woakes in for Ansari
  • Buttler in for Duckett
  • Ballance in for Duckett
  • other change

0 voters

Iā€™m so irked that Ballance is in that poll.

I didnā€™t vote for him!

Feel like I want Woakes back in, but donā€™t want to lose a spinner. Sooooā€¦ Woakes in for Duckett I guess? Move everyone up a bit? Not sure I even agree with myself here, think Iā€™ll let the selectors decide and then moan about it.

Broadā€™s not looked very good, and if weā€™re resting our seamers itā€™s his turn. Duckettā€™s got a big problem against offspin, heā€™ll definitely come back into the team but you donā€™t want his confidence completely shot. Iā€™d probably go

Cook
Hameed
Root
Ali
Stokes
Buttler
Bairstow
Woakes
Rashid
Ansari
Anderson

1 Like

I think you have to 100% rest seamers, and Broad makes by far the most sense - even if he was taking wickets, you canā€™t ask a frontline pace bowler to play three essentially back-to-back tests in India. I might even rest Stokes rather than Broad, or bring in Woakes for Duckettā€¦

Duckett I dunno about. Donā€™t like chopping and changing every other test. If he fails again after the third, maybe, but I think I like this team, with a bit of rotation of seamers. Having 3 spinners also seems to give an option, you can afford one of these three temperamental guys to be off their game and still have either a spinner at each end, or a seamer with choice of spinner.

If we can come out of this series with one of those spinners playing really well, and one of the new batsmen similarly (would love Hameed to nail his place down), Iā€™d take that, even if itā€™s 4-0 from here.